Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
is this pending or already cleared. some card comapnies have it built inot there system toadd a percentage to each order incase someone wants to tip. that way when the tip is added later it wont decline at that time. if it is still pending then it may show the actual charge when it clears. i have had this happen many times at food establishments.
No kidding? Maybe that's the case. I'll check again later.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
ratchet
Mandarin

My garbage man doesn't deserve a tip - he does just as good of a job as some waiters I've had - and they didn't get a tip either...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
this seems a good as thread as any.

who decides who we tip and who we dont?

we tip the pizza guy but not the mail man.

we tip the waiter but not the guy who pumps are gas

why not tip the garbage man?

all a waiter does is bring you food. the garbage man has to take out all your smelly gross disgusting OLD food...in freezing cold or blazing hot..why not tip?

why do so many people tip a bad waiter? a tip should be for EXCELLENCE not just doing your job.

just some of the things on Zombies mind (wait, Zombie has a mind?)
some people rely on tips as part of their pay, some don't. waiters and waitresses get tipped, the ups or fedex guy don't get tipped. that's not to say you can't show your gratitude to someone, especially around the holidays. i have a personal mail box and the guys that run the place field many, many packages throughout the year for me. in appreciation, i usually give them an awesome statue or figure for christmas.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Have you ever had a server add a tip to your bill after you didn't authorize one?

The other day I bought a cookie at the Starbucks next door. It was $1.75, so I signed for exactly that amount on my debit card, with no tip... hey, I don't give a tip when all a person does is take an item from a case, hand it to me, and ring me up. So I check my online statement this morning and notice that they charged me $2.15. Sure, it's a small amount, but I didn't authorize it. I'll be going back there to discuss this with them...

I could just shrug this off, but I had my identity stolen a couple of years ago, and some hefty bills were run up in my name. As a result, I watch my transactions like a hawk and don't take things like this lightly.
read the company or restaurant's policy. some incorporate a tip into the final bill, especially upper class restaurants.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
i have a personal mail box and the guys that run the place field many, many packages throughout the year for me. in appreciation, i usually give them an awesome statue or figure for christmas.
An awesome statue/figure for the guy that delivers you packages?!?

Does he even like this sort of stuff?!?!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
An awesome statue/figure for the guy that delivers you packages?!?

Does he even like this sort of stuff?!?!
for the guys that receive my packages at a personal mail box. (mail box etc.)

and yes, the owner loves alien and predator stuff, while his assistant loves star wars and terminator. they have been receiving packages for me for a few years now and we have discussed the different things i buy often.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
for the guys that receive my packages at a personal mail box. (mail box etc.)

and yes, the owner loves alien and predator stuff, while his assistant loves star wars and terminator. they have been receiving packages for me for a few years now and we have discussed the different things i buy often.
That's cool then!

See I don't have those package receivers thing going on, just buy my post man a bottle of wine every year, don't have to worry about if he'll like it or not, cuz he will.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Have you ever had a server add a tip to your bill after you didn't authorize one?

The other day I bought a cookie at the Starbucks next door. It was $1.75, so I signed for exactly that amount on my debit card, with no tip... hey, I don't give a tip when all a person does is take an item from a case, hand it to me, and ring me up. So I check my online statement this morning and notice that they charged me $2.15. Sure, it's a small amount, but I didn't authorize it. I'll be going back there to discuss this with them...

I could just shrug this off, but I had my identity stolen a couple of years ago, and some hefty bills were run up in my name. As a result, I watch my transactions like a hawk and don't take things like this lightly.
has it already cleared for that amount. I know some plaaces with authorize the card for more than charged but then will it processes it is back to the normal price.
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #19
ansel39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
My garbage man doesn't deserve a tip - he does just as good of a job as some waiters I've had - and they didn't get a tip either...
your food gets spit in. trust me. I know i was a waiter for a long time and service people can tell the none tippers.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
ansel39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
this seems a good as thread as any.

who decides who we tip and who we dont?

we tip the pizza guy but not the mail man.

we tip the waiter but not the guy who pumps are gas

why not tip the garbage man?

all a waiter does is bring you food. the garbage man has to take out all your smelly gross disgusting OLD food...in freezing cold or blazing hot..why not tip?

why do so many people tip a bad waiter? a tip should be for EXCELLENCE not just doing your job.

just some of the things on Zombies mind (wait, Zombie has a mind?)

this is not new jersey i pump my own gas.