Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Have to say I don't like the design on this. Being balanced on the capes looks very strange and unnatural. They look to be nicely sculpted and painted. If your happy with them that's what counts.

Now if DC would ever produce a Wonder Woman v Cheetah I'd be interested.
Now that would be my next most wanted!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Yeah, I really have a big problem with that. I was kinda hoping there'd be some changes with the finished product, but it looks pretty dead-on with the promo pics.

This is supposed to be a "VS" display. It just does not work when Batgirl is staring at the ceiling.

I am still almost close to getting it just because that is close to my favorite Catwoman costume... I don't exactly recall her ever revealing that much, but...

Yeah, with a riser for Catwoman, this would probably work ok.
She does need to be on a riser and they are pretty sturdy so it would work. The paint job is outstanding on these but they are also kinda small. They are about a half inch taller than the Bishoujo Black Widow statue. I have no clue why Batgirl is looking up either unless of course it's meant to be put on a riser or different shelf.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think these are some nice looking female sculpts, but the bags of money and vault door look kinda goofy.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #14
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I love the characters, and the sculpts on these pieces are quite nice, but the design is just all wrong in my book, and it just doesn't work for me. And I'll never understand what was going through their heads when the decided on the eyelines of these pieces...

Still if you can get past that stuff, they are pretty nicely done for what they are. Thanks for the pics.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Did DC Direct individually mark and serial number all three pieces?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Did DC Direct individually mark and serial number all three pieces?
No , it's just on the vault door piece.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #17
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
She does need to be on a riser and they are pretty sturdy so it would work. The paint job is outstanding on these but they are also kinda small. They are about a half inch taller than the Bishoujo Black Widow statue. I have no clue why Batgirl is looking up either unless of course it's meant to be put on a riser or different shelf.
I was thinking about getting this statue but when I saw it at the local comic shop it was pretty small. Especially if your going to plop down $200 bucks for it. For the price you would think they would have made it a tad bigger and made batgirl look a little more convincing. It looks like shes rolling her eyes at catwoman. " Oh do I have to fight you again catwoman? oh bore"

P.S. I tend to be very critical of certain statues that bare the $200 dollar mark, I always seem to compare it to a sideshow pf. Should I buy this ok statue? or I could spend a lil more and pick up a t-800 pf or x-23 pf.
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #18
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, the size comments are turning me off even more. I was close to pulling the trigger, mainly for a Catwoman in the purple/green costume.

Is this not in scale with the other "Classic Confrontations" statues? I was thinking the small vertical height of the "Catwoman Vs. Batgirl" was because they were more "angled" or "horizontal" in their poses.

Although, Catwoman's pose is somewhat similar to Superman's pose in the "Superman Vs. Darkseid" piece. He's just already "up in the air".
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #19
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Yeah, the size comments are turning me off even more. I was close to pulling the trigger, mainly for a Catwoman in the purple/green costume.

Is this not in scale with the other "Classic Confrontations" statues? I was thinking the small vertical height of the "Catwoman Vs. Batgirl" was because they were more "angled" or "horizontal" in their poses.

Although, Catwoman's pose is somewhat similar to Superman's pose in the "Superman Vs. Darkseid" piece. He's just already "up in the air".
The superman vs wonder woman & superman vs darkseid are much bigger...batgirl vs catwoman is quite small.... heres the info

The latest addition to this line of statues sculpted by some of DC Direct's premier talent features Batgirl confronting Catwoman as the feline fatale attempts to pull a bank heist. In a unique twist, not only does each figure's cape suspend her in mid-air, but the capes act as bases on which the figures stand.

Packaged as three separate pieces (Batgirl, Catwoman and the bank vault over which they are fighting), the statue can be set up in a variety of configurations. The Catwoman Vs. Batgirl Statue is limited-edition, hand-painted and cold-cast in porcelain. It measures approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 5" deep, includes a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a 4-color box.

Manufactured to order.
Advanced-solicited; on sale July 29, 2009
Statue
$225 US
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I picked these up and they actually look great when displayed on two different level shelves in a collection. Really brings a display to life.

I sized them next to the Bats vs. Joker and they look to be 100% in scale with that piece.

Paint job is great.

I do agree that the price was really hard to swallow but I did not want to stiff my LCS after ordering this. Well worth it if they were $150-175....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote