Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Amazing pieces , the Joker vs Luther is my absolute favorite .
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
So far there is nothing there that interests me. I look forward to seeing the whoppers that you speak of.
Its interesting because my post was going to be something similar.

It never ceases to amaze me how different everyone's collecting interests may be in this aspect of the comic book hobby. He has some "impressive" pieces with respect to what the cost or are worth, but I did not readily see anything I would want to add to my collection (probably because of what it would cost).
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Some awesome pieces in there for sure - thanks for posting Royd. I appreciate great art and his collection is well represented in this area. I must also admit that I doubt I would spend the money required to buy most of the pieces. That being said, I don't spend that kind of money on a piece of art (hope to buy a few selective pieces in the future). Trust me, I would love to have any of those pieces, but if I was given any of them, I would likely look into selling them to acquire a similar level Hulk grail.

I am glad that guys like Royd Underdog and Marvelboi don't colelct Hulk

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Its interesting because my post was going to be something similar.

It never ceases to amaze me how different everyone's collecting interests may be in this aspect of the comic book hobby. He has some "impressive" pieces with respect to what the cost or are worth, but I did not readily see anything I would want to add to my collection (probably because of what it would cost).
I never really viewed art in terms what they are worth. If it's a Frazetta or Kirby piece, it's going to be expensive no matter what they draw. But for most other comic artists, there's actually a direct link between the quality of the piece and the value of them. Nicer pieces are actually valued more. From what I see, Jim has the finest work I've seen from a couple artists.
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #15
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Definitely some great pieces and I hope he posts more of his collection.

I'd love to have that JRJR Punisher cover in my collection.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Some tastes simply cover a wider spectrum than those of others. Thank goodness for that. If we had to see the same artists and characters and types of sketches over and over again, this section would lose something, I think.

P.S. I've generally stopped thinking about the $ value of artwork. It makes it a lot more fun (and easier!) to appreciate the artwork of others. Thanks for posting that!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #17
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well Mike, from your comment, I guess you found something you liked from Jim's latest additions

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...707&GSub=91074
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #18
Underdog07
Hercules

I hope people are not taking my comment as a slight against Jim's collection. I do appreciate the art for what it is, but just would not add it to my collection based on what the pieces would cost (hence the comment re value). Just as I assume most people would not want to add many of the pieces from my collection to theirs for the same reason. And my point was suppossed to be about how great that makes this aspect of the hobby -- everyone wants different things because of their tastes.

Now that Joker balloon he added is pretty incredible.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Bill,

I certainly didn't take your comments as a slight or a negative as regards Jim's collection.

I understood your point about how we have individual tastes which thankfully don't intersect too often

But... we all seem to agree that Perez piece is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I hope people are not taking my comment as a slight against Jim's collection. I do appreciate the art for what it is, but just would not add it to my collection based on what the pieces would cost (hence the comment re value). Just as I assume most people would not want to add many of the pieces from my collection to theirs for the same reason. And my point was suppossed to be about how great that makes this aspect of the hobby -- everyone wants different things because of their tastes.

Now that Joker balloon he added is pretty incredible.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #20
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

magnificent collection.
aric is offline   Reply With Quote