Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #191
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I hear the reasons why people aren't going to purchase this and they seem perfectly legit, but this beast is just too perfect for my collection needs to pass up.

I hope they do the same thing next year with Wolverine surrounded by Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Silver Samurai, Magneto, Wendigo, Reavers and Ninjas
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #192
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I hear the reasons why people aren't going to purchase this and they seem perfectly legit, but this beast is just too perfect for my collection needs to pass up.

I hope they do the same thing next year with Wolverine surrounded by Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Silver Samurai, Magneto, Wendigo, Reavers and Ninjas
That'd be cool. Throw in Cyber...maybe Ogun.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #193
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think this concept with "insert X character" is not going to be nearly as special as this. Everything else is just a clone and will seem stale. I would rather see them try new concepts that blow our minds versus rehashing the same one with other characters.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #194
mawil05
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
We will once the price is finalized. For now the $849 is a deposit to secure. Once pricing is finalized each person that pre ordered early will get an email informing them on final prices and payment options. Furthermore, early PO customers will get a discount as well.
nice! are you going to give me a discount? I'm probably the first to order this right?
mawil05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:10 AM   #195
arkhaminmate149
Frackin!

Anyone here in Australia, where do you get XM pieces from? It doesn't look like Popcultcha stock them. I'd really like to put a pre-order down on this as the crown jewel in my collection room.
arkhaminmate149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:20 AM   #196
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawil05 View Post
nice! are you going to give me a discount? I'm probably the first to order this right?
Nah man sorry the first person who orders pays more. Lolll jk. Yes of course MAWIL
Old 09-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #197
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
That'd be cool. Throw in Cyber...maybe Ogun.
I did think about those two. Important characters to the Wolverine mythos but I could live without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
I think this concept with "insert X character" is not going to be nearly as special as this. Everything else is just a clone and will seem stale. I would rather see them try new concepts that blow our minds versus rehashing the same one with other characters.
Isn't the Darkseid Dio a clone of the Sentinel Dio? Doesn't seem stale to me. I'm not saying I want the characters in the same positions as Batman Sanity. They should all have actions that fit their characteristics.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:17 AM   #198
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I did think about those two. Important characters to the Wolverine mythos but I could live without them.

Isn't the Darkseid Dio a clone of the Sentinel Dio? Doesn't seem stale to me. I'm not saying I want the characters in the same positions as Batman Sanity. They should all have actions that fit their characteristics.
I've thrown the suggestion of maybe 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 dios...the main one I can think of XM to do starting off would be

THOR vs. WRECKING CREW

Seeing how we will probably never get any one of those as individual 1/4 statues....the best chance is to do it in 1/6 dios.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 AM   #199
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Something I just wanna throw out there to fans of this statue and XM if anyone’s reading . Since every XM statue comes with an art print I feel it’s appropriate that maybe David Finch did a special numbered and signed art print of his render on this wonderful piece. It’s a ground breaking concept and having some unique art to go with it would be amazing .

Just a thought !
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:02 AM   #200
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I've thrown the suggestion of maybe 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 dios...the main one I can think of XM to do starting off would be

THOR vs. WRECKING CREW

Seeing how we will probably never get any one of those as individual 1/4 statues....the best chance is to do it in 1/6 dios.
I like it. Single character statues are great but this is way more interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Something I just wanna throw out there to fans of this statue and XM if anyone’s reading . Since every XM statue comes with an art print I feel it’s appropriate that maybe David Finch did a special numbered and signed art print of his render on this wonderful piece. It’s a ground breaking concept and having some unique art to go with it would be amazing .

Just a thought !
Good thinking! That would add so much value to an already incredible piece.