Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #191
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

yea, they gave the Thor hammer a great feel and look to it with that chrome, as something we would expect a "real" Thor hammer would look like if it really existed. From what I've seen, they did not achieve the same effect on their shield, not even sure if it's possible with fiberglass, but nonetheless, KA has achieved a more believable looking shield using aluminum instead of fiberglass.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #192
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I approached eFx, in part or a larger correspondence, with the following question based on our debates here:

"In regards to the production shield there has been much debate on a forum I belong to as to how well the “metallic look” was captured and how screen accurate the shields finish is.

This debate has intensified since King Arts has entered the market with their shield."

As follows is their response which tells me there is no more credible a source for a film accurate prop.

"We make our replicas were actually made by the prop makers. All shields from The Avenvgers on have all been made in fiberglass. Out paint master was also made by the original prop maker.

The pictures on our website is of the fiberglass shield, painted like the original.

If there was any retouching done digitally in post production, and thus was not on the original prop, then our shields may not reflect these changes. For example, in some of the scenes, they may have (but I don’t this they did) make the shield look more metallic.

Many people had seen the actual production sample at Comic Con.

Thanks, I hope this answers your questions!

Bryan"

Granted there are those among us that may lean towards something with astetic that they find more personally pleasing. For me however the undisputed accuracy of eFx is offering gives them a credibility that no other company has, and makes them my choice.
Excellent work, appreciate you contacting them and I like their response.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #193
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Excellent work, appreciate you contacting them and I like their response.
No worries, my pleasure man .

I dont know what folks are looking for; eFx is giving us an exact re-creation of what the filmmakers used, and done in concert with those who created the film props. If the eFx shield is not relective of what is in someones "minds eye" as a consumer and of the astetic they desire it is up to the fan to reconcile themself; no fault can be found with eFx based on their explainantion of their procees IMHO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #194
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
No worries, my pleasure man .

I dont know what folks are looking for; eFx is giving us an exact re-creation of what the filmmakers used, and done in concert with those who created the film props. If the eFx shield is not relective of what is in someones "minds eye" as a consumer and of the astetic they desire it is up to the fan to reconcile themself; no fault can be found with eFx based on their explainantion of their procees IMHO.
That's all well and good, but if the end result is something that merely looks like a light weight prop for an actor to use then I personally have no use for it in my collection. I know Cap's shield doesn't actually exist, but if I am going to own a replica I'd like for to at least look like something the character would use, not the actor.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #195
dfchang
The Riddler

Most movie props look like hammered you know what up close. Lol. I don't want a cheap piece of crap that got digitally touched up to look like Caps shield, I want something that looks and feels like a vibranium shield ...
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #196
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Most movie props look like hammered you know what up close. Lol. I don't want a cheap piece of crap that got digitally touched up to look like Caps shield, I want something that looks and feels like a vibranium shield ...
I agree. I want a shield I can take off the wall and hurl at intruders (or unwanted house guests).

With prop replicas, it's not enough to look the part. It has to feel the part too
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #197
superboylives
Mephisto

I saw the shield at the 2013 wonder-con and at SDCC this year. I wasn't allowed to touch it, so I have no idea of the weight. I was only 3 feet away from it and it looks like metal and it is beautiful! But the weight isn't important to me. After all most movie props aren't what they appear on screen. They just have to look like the real thing not be the real thing.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #198
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
I saw the shield at the 2013 wonder-con and at SDCC this year. I wasn't allowed to touch it, so I have no idea of the weight. I was only 3 feet away from it and it looks like metal and it is beautiful! But the weight isn't important to me. After all most movie props aren't what they appear on screen. They just have to look like the real thing not be the real thing.
Cool. In the absence of in hand pictures the testimonials of those who have been up close and personal is what we have to work with right now
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #199
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
First and foremost it does need to look good, but I would like it to have some heft to it when I pick it up.

I don't own Thor's hammer yet either but if I have it on display and pick it up, I want it to feel heavy too.

If it comes down to both looking really cool (and screen accurate) I think I'd prefer a heavier metal version.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #200
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Weight is not an issue for me, either. I want something that looks good mounted on my wall for me to admire. I don't plan on handling and/or playing with it lol. Thanks for letting us know how it looks in person.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote