Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #191
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm wondering what Gaming Heads is planning to do about this. I'm sure all the pieces they set aside as replacements have the same paint issues and I doubt they're gonna produce any additional statues to address this.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #192
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
While it kills me, I'm walking away from this line. I'd rather have no statues for ME then bad statues.
This is exactly where I landed with this line.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:39 AM   #193
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

it looks like they used crappy airbrushes to do these statues? I just got mine in and gonna take a look in the morning when im not dead tired.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #194
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
I'm wondering what Gaming Heads is planning to do about this. I'm sure all the pieces they set aside as replacements have the same paint issues and I doubt they're gonna produce any additional statues to address this.
probably nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
it looks like they used crappy airbrushes to do these statues? I just got mine in and gonna take a look in the morning when im not dead tired.
wash, not airbrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Man, thanks for the video. My expectations with GH is pretty dead, and although you say the rest of the statue came out well, I'm not interested in a partially good statue.

While it kills me, I'm walking away from this line. I'd rather have no statues for ME then bad statues.
I'm gonna return it, buy it again later as I figure I can get it hella cheap due to it's issues and then get the cloth bit repainted for the difference
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #195
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I'm gonna return it, buy it again later as I figure I can get it hella cheap due to it's issues and then get the cloth bit repainted for the difference
Probably a dumb question, but where do you go to get a statue repainted? Hobby shop?
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:25 PM   #196
dao2
Cyclops

No you'll need to find someone to repaint it. Generally they'll want to repaint the entire statue and it's not cheap, so you'll have to find someone who just wants to paint the cloth part. Good re painters will make a statue a lot better then the original however I don't think many can do the non-cloth bits better then they are already. Primarily they make skin look a lot better or add shading where it's needed, colors, clean lines etc. This has all that already except for the cloth part.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #197
Harley Quinn
Frackin!

My OCD kicked in after reading these posts and seeing pictures, videos etc... I got Tali' back out of the box and went over her with a fine toothed comb. Examined every nook and cranny. I noticed some sloppy paintwork that slipped past my eyes during the initial unboxing. I'm still very happy to have her and she looks like a million bucks compared to most people's. The line parts on the cowl/headdress that are supposed to be solid in color have some mild red paint bleeding. The gold/yellow trim part has red paint to but it's apparently intentional. It looks really good compared to others, but still looks kind of sloppy and unprofessional. That's my only complaints. Everything else looks fantastic on mine.

I tried several times to take pictures but without success. They either turned out pitch black or bright white if I used flash. I'm sick of not having a decent camera, but rather go in debt and spend all my money on statues, comics and video games. Lol!

Anyway, I do think Gaming Heads needs to improve their Quality Control standards. It seems as if they have none at all and it's a matter of luck if you get a decent piece or not. I've been lucky so far but don't like their piss poor QA ethics. Factory setup looks like one of those horror stories you see on TV. Mistreated, underpaid, trafficked slave type scenarios. Hope that isn't the case. I sure do wish every f#$%!*g thing wasn't made in China these days. Gaming Heads is blessed to have the licences they do and shouldn't take them for granted. I love the statues I have, but believe they need to up their game or they will fall.

Prime 1 has set the bar and gold standard for all statues at this point.
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #198
dao2
Cyclops

You can't really compare this to p1, their 1/4ths still cost like $300 at GH. P1 are like $800. They're a lot bigger but still the price difference is massive. I'm not expecting P1, but the sloppiness on this is unacceptable to me. It's still $300, I've bought garbage off the street painted better.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #199
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think the comment bout things being made in China is interesting, and I really agree. China represents "cheap", despite some very expensive (marketed) products coming from there as well.

I'm at a point in my collecting, where I'm prepared to drop my statue purchasing to lower acquisitions, but high value. I'm sick of paying $300+ for a statue out of China, where I need to cross my fingers, and would rather pay $900 from an artisan piece made in Europe / US.....Or anywhere not 3rd world low cost labour centres.

Right now, my only focus is Prime 1 (also made in China), until they eventually let me down, and they will! At that point, I'm going the art route, true one offs produced by artists and not Asian wage slaves.

I'm not anchored down by a fixation on Comic book characters, and while I do have an interest in some video game I.P. I can take it or leave it, which again leaves me open to explore original art produced by people who give a damn about what they produce.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:52 PM   #200
dao2
Cyclops

If ME is one of your top favorites then I'd still buy them, cause you could buy one of these and have them redone with an awesome paint job for that price :P