Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-29-2022, 08:11 PM   #191
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Likeness is almost completely there, like all of their other releases to be honest. The price along with a huge ES is absolutely ridiculous.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #192
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I agree with you completely.
Not saying being specific, but in general, I see a lot of collectors that will pinpoint that one specific flaw, and turn that into the biggest issue in order to find a reason not to buy it.
I mean, you can say if there's 10 features you cam pinpoint, and 1 out of that 10 is a flaw or a nitpick, you can discount all 9 and the figure is a fail because of that 1 feature. Those 9 features could be breathtaking but its negated by that 1 flaw.

Not saying some people are wrong if they truly think it's not their cup of tea, but c'mon...this piece is beyond stunning.
Perfect? Maybe not. But if you look at that and not see Gal, then you're just trying to find something.

The only real flaw I see in this is the price.
I agree, it's overpriced and doesn't justify a platinum price.
But as far as the statue itself, this is a showstopper piece in a collection.
I think at this price point, perfect is what many of us require. Or at least as close to it as possible.

If it was what I consider good enough, I would definitely preorder this, as the price isn’t much of a deterrent to me, given I’ve currently already have at least 6 pieces on preorder (silicone busts) which are all more expensive than this one ($3,680 to $3,980 USD Retail).

I’ve found that once I’ve preordered past a certain dollar value, even as a ‘supposed’ once off, it makes it substantially easier to order anything priced even slightly lower.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #193
bytor33
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Everyone is acting like this statue should be some kind of miniaturized replica of Gal Godot, when in truth, most of us wouldn't even realise if the REAL Gal Godot sat next to us on a train...
This is the most hilarious thing I’ve read all day so thank you for that! Every single person in this thread, including yourself, would know if they were sitting next to Gal Gadot.

The lips and hair are clearly wrong, period. It comes across as a weird fetishization where the sculptor was thinking “if only Gal Gadot had a bit fuller lips and more curly hair” as there’s really no other reason for it.
bytor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:37 PM   #194
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was considering this because I still want a definitive Gal WW OG costume piece. After seeing the proto? Heck No. for this price I want P-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n . And this? is not it
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #195
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wish they would:

Just use the head from their WW84 piece, add her tiara and we then have a perfect statue in my opinion!
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:31 PM   #196
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
This is my sentiment. I don't buy JND pieces because "they're JND!", I'm willing to pay these prices because I want a statue that is as close as possible to the character.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but when JND first started they boasted about how "accurate" their products were, but after a few releases they went back on that, quoting, "Our pieces are more of our artists' interpretation of the character."

When your basing a sculpt off of an actual person, there's no need for "artist interpretation". Am I willing to pay 3.5k for a hyper-real WW? No. Am I willing to pay that for a hyper-real Gal WW? Sure.

I WILL order this as the likeness isn't bad, and I think the rest of sculpt is absolutely perfect. But this will be my last JND piece if they refuse to improve it.
Sorry, but you're crazy.

You're going to throw down >$3k on a piece you clearly have issues with....in the hope they will make changes

Let me tell you. At 12:00pm Korean time, when this sells out - JND will think, there was so much complaining - but in the end, 1000 units sold out - so that confirms we did enough to satisfy those buyers - all the negative people can go to hell.

There's only one way to communicate with these companies, and it's through sales. They'll change something if there is a need.....I mean, this is obvious.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:34 PM   #197
PatrioticBat
Frackin!

I wish they'd drop the price down by about $1,000 and I'd totally pick this up! I love how it looks but how could that price possibly be justified?

You could buy Prime 1's 1/3 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman on an entire goddamn horse diorama for what you pay for this thing. In fact you would SAVE money.

I genuinely don't see any reason why this statue should be any more expensive than their typical lineup other than the fact that they use more silicone. Could it mean that production on their end is more difficult? Sure.
But wasn't that also a problem with Harley Quinn? Yeah, and that one kept to their standard pricing. Idk to me this whole "Platinum" label seems like a big marketing scam.
PatrioticBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:46 PM   #198
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Here's a different side-by-side with her from WW84

The only thing I really notice is that her irises aren't dark enough. They're dark brown irl, but the statue is just a regular brown. Many photos of her (even out of costume) make her look like her irises are almost black.

But the lips and curliness of her hair are fine, afaic....
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:04 PM   #199
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticBat View Post
I wish they'd drop the price down by about $1,000 and I'd totally pick this up! I love how it looks but how could that price possibly be justified?

You could buy Prime 1's 1/3 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman on an entire goddamn horse diorama for what you pay for this thing. In fact you would SAVE money.

I genuinely don't see any reason why this statue should be any more expensive than their typical lineup other than the fact that they use more silicone. Could it mean that production on their end is more difficult? Sure.
But wasn't that also a problem with Harley Quinn? Yeah, and that one kept to their standard pricing. Idk to me this whole "Platinum" label seems like a big marketing scam.
So true.

I always wanted to buy that but never did because it was so expensive. And now here I am dropping more than that on a piece half it's size. This hobby is something else....
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:06 PM   #200
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Sorry, but you're crazy.

You're going to throw down >$3k on a piece you clearly have issues with....in the hope they will make changes

Let me tell you. At 12:00pm Korean time, when this sells out - JND will think, there was so much complaining - but in the end, 1000 units sold out - so that confirms we did enough to satisfy those buyers - all the negative people can go to hell.

There's only one way to communicate with these companies, and it's through sales. They'll change something if there is a need.....I mean, this is obvious.
I hear you. You raise a good point. And after this, I will not buy JND unless I feel it is perfect, or worth the 2k+ price tag.

That said, this is still (in my opinion) the best Gal WW on the market. The details, the paint, the full silicone body, etc. *chef's kiss* I don't think the head sculpt is bad, just not as good as it could be. As Phoenix said, at this price point we expect perfection, or damn close to it.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote