Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-11-2024, 01:47 PM   #191
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i dont care for forced perspective elements but can acknowledge when they are done well, that is done VERY well - so rad. i love the base on the diver statue, both pieces look incredible
Probably the only forced perspective piece I've seen that actually works. Now we'll see nothing but forced perspective pieces.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:48 PM   #192
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Getting Starlet for sure. And the forced perspective element stays in the box.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:54 PM   #193
ukshaun
Hercules

It is about time someone at Sideshow owns up to the pushing of the 3D forced perspective base concepts. They need to be STOPPED!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:56 PM   #194
aadroban
Birdman

Mr. Sin at the top of the stairs . . well I guess there goes my hope for a Mr. Sin statue. Starlet looks great though . . and I actually like the Dancer one also. Looking forward to getting both.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:57 PM   #195
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

After seeing this video and the pic of the two, I actually prefer the octopus lady over the other one, even though the blonde is technically a lot prettier.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:58 PM   #196
qz33
Baron Zemo

Though less realistic I think if they had the diver in a Bikini it would help sales. These will sell solely on sex appeal.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:03 PM   #197
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think Dancer has got the sex appeal as it is. Just that the portrait is a bit of a let-down.

Don't understand why Harbottle wouldn't give it a prettier face to match that on Starlet.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:06 PM   #198
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I think Dancer has got the sex appeal as it is. Just that the portrait is a bit of a let-down.

Don't understand why Harbottle wouldn't give it a prettier face to match that on Starlet.
It is hard to do a pretty straining face.

The position of her legs and the octopus is very suggestive but the secks is way less than Ursula.

Starlet outsells Dancer 3-4 to 1 or more.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:30 PM   #199
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wish I liked Dancer's face more. I'm just not understanding the fierceness of her face, but her eyes are closed. She is aiming that speargun with closed eyes? Harbottle seems to have been going with her masked got pulled off because she was ambushed by the giant octopus - but that doesn't match the face.

I would have preferred the mask and regulator in place with the eyes open underneath. Or a different facial expression to match the story being told.

I really like Starlet's base. Very smart to put Mr. Sin up on top in the lighted stairs. That whole statue is a home run IMO.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:31 PM   #200
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I wish I liked Dancer's face more. I'm just not understanding the fierceness of her face, but her eyes are closed. She is aiming that speargun with closed eyes? Harbottle seems to have been going with her masked got pulled off because she was ambushed by the giant octopus - but that doesn't match the face.

I would have preferred the mask and regulator in place with the eyes open underneath. Or a different facial expression to match the story being told.

I really like Starlet's base. Very smart to put Mr. Sin up on top in the lighted stairs. That whole statue is a home run IMO.
Dancer's eye's are slightly open.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote