Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #2021
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Too funny but it's true. I feel the same way. Oh and by the way f*ck ES. I buy what I like regardless of ES. I don't see a reason why that should affect me buying a statue. Just my opinion.
I more or less feel the same with regards to edition sizes.

But I’m guessing for many others it’s more for resale value than anything else.

I’ve yet to sell anything before and I’m currently at 66 statues in various large scales (1/6 to 1/2). However I’ve reached a tipping point whereby each addition statue will now force me to box up one or two statues for storage. I would sell them if I could, but I doubt I’ll get a reasonable price for them so I can’t be bothered at the moment.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #2022
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I more or less feel the same with regards to edition sizes.

But I’m guessing for many others it’s more for resale value than anything else.

I’ve yet to sell anything before and I’m currently at 66 statues in various large scales (1/6 to 1/2). However I’ve reached a tipping point whereby each addition statue will now force me to box up one or two statues for storage. I would sell them if I could, but I doubt I’ll get a reasonable price for them so I can’t be bothered at the moment.
So that’s why Es can help. I love Es but now with so much coming out low Es doesn’t help much with the saturation. People who don’t care about Es should be ok with selling things off for half if that much. They probably have enough money so it’s considered dumped after it’s spent. Unfortunately not everyone is that lucky.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #2023
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
On one hand I hope few people will buy = low ES = SSC rethinks their price politics (won't happen anyways).

On the other hand I hope many people buy = high ES = you will be able to grab one on the aftermarket for +- 1000 USD. In that case, SSC would just continue to up the prices.

I guess everybody that PO's him anyways before the ES is set hopes for the first, everybody looking for aftermarket prices are hoping for the second ^^

Fortunately, going back to the pictures, I do not like him at all and I even would have passed when he was priced lower. I don't like the pose, am afraid of leaning issues in the future, no need for a Kitty, I hate the debris parts, the base is just ok, no mixed media (that’s just me) & he looks too small and not intimidating.

Chris
All great points! Pretty accurate here.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #2024
Comicbookguy
Hercules

This is not 1400.00. It’s about 1600.00 shipped! Hey people are paying that much for fan art and p1 1:3 so why not? Lol ... wonder if this will ship in two boxes?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #2025
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’m in as well, Been waiting for this and they did not disappoint.yea the price is high but I don’t plan on reselling any of my statues so I can live with it
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #2026
MegatronG1
The X-Men

"I buy what I like regardless of ES" and "I buy to keep, and will never sell" sounds like you haven't been in this game long enough.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #2027
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
"I buy what I like regardless of ES" and "I buy to keep, and will never sell" sounds like you haven't been in this game long enough.
or that theyve been in the game long enough to know what they want
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #2028
myskye23
Hellboy

I'm out. I had every intentions of buying this statue to possibly start my Marvel setup but this price point is ridiculous at the very least. Keeping my fingers crossed for future reveals for the X-Men and I'm still hopeful that Cable will turn out great with a reasonable price tag.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #2029
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
or that theyve been in the game long enough to know what they want
Yup. I don't buy statues thinking of selling them. I been in this game for over 20 years and in the glory days of flipping I did buy allot of the time with the intention of flipping it to buy other statues. But those days are over. So now I buy knowing I'm going to keep the statue. The problem is allot of people are doing impulse buys and when they realize that they bought the statue without really loving it when they try and sell they lose money and then get upset at SS. These days you have to really think and love a piece before pulling the trigger.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #2030
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I'm out. I had every intentions of buying this statue to possibly start my Marvel setup but this price point is ridiculous at the very least. Keeping my fingers crossed for future reveals for the X-Men and I'm still hopeful that Cable will turn out great with a reasonable price tag.
Reasonable prices don't exist anymore. Everything that's coming out has been insanely priced. It's not only SS either. The hobby as a whole has gotten out of control.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote