Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #2031
Negativepenalty
Fantastic Four

I'm so sorry to see you having this many issues with your piece. It's a shame that such a grail piece could have so many QC problems coming from a company like Prime 1. Hopefully all gets resolved and you get yourself a perfect replacement because this is unacceptable.
Negativepenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #2032
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
ty for replay mate.

Yeah I talked to others but they said the gap of the tree isn't that bad as mine and they don't have the "teeth-issue". Will have to wait what P1 says about it.
I noticed that white spot between the lips on one of the heads as well.
Not sure about the tree as I have it up against a wall.

No chips or rubbing that I noticed.
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #2033
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post

Another question to all of you: I will box him up again later but I want to know if you would use the wax paper or just leave it away cause If it's true that the wax paper could do damage on the paint then I want to avoid it.
When you say "leave it away" definitely use something even if it is just some form of plastic or dry cleaners bags. The foam will wreak havoc on the paint.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #2034
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Man Guts is killing my hype for this line. The prototypes are amazing and based on those alone this is one of the most impressive lines I have ever witnessed.

P1 is known for their qc and quality so this is a bit concerning for me.

I'm almost considering going all in on the F4F line instead but there's still too many unanswered questions with their line.

I don't know if they're dedicating to making all these characters that P1 are doing, I don't know if I'll like the pieces as much when revealed, on we still don't know the quality.

I love the headsculpts on F4F's Guts but the paint doesn't look as good in his mechanical arm as it does on his P1 counterpart. The quality of the paint on the P1 piece seems better and higher quality to begin with it's just hoping that you get a quality piece when it arrives.

For now I'll stick with P1 and keep my orders. I really hope P1 knocks the line outa da park!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #2035
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I have gotten 4 Prime 1 statues.

AK Harley - Flawless

Spider -Man 2099 - Web was totally warped and broke even when using the hairdryer trick. Got a replacement that was even worse. Ended up gluing one of them back together, fitting it, and using museum putty to hold.

Anti-Venom - Had a scratch on the back side which was in a spot that wasn't very noticeable. Decided not to bother with it because the thought of packing that back up was depressing.

BVS 1/2 WW - Arrived with the skirt broken and one of the plaques scuffed up.

That track record is really making me worry as I have only had to contact Sideshow 3 times previously out of about 20 orders.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #2036
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post

Thought so too (even when I saw some other QC issues too on other pieces, like the DKR Bats), till Guts arrived. Here QC control definitely slept on some of them.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:40 PM   #2037
qz33
Baron Zemo

Just like how they are having to cancel statues and back track on announcements, trashing cash for extra QC can only go on for so long until the extra paid becomes either the norm or unsustainable.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #2038
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The first piece I ever bought from P1 was the arkham Harley. Mine had scratched up legs. They were pretty bad.

Never got a good replacement so I returned her for a refund. The only piece I have ever seen in person and it was flawed. So P1 is 1/1 in flawed statues to me.

Still I hea d that wasn't the norm and still have kept a lot of faith in them.

But now that faith is being shaken. I don't want to have to bow out.

YES, 100% yes they need to make sure adequate money goes to their qc decision. If that means cutting lines/licenses than that's what needs to be done.

Make sure the pieces out have coming out the door are damn near flawless and making issues the exception to the rule and THEN you can pursue other brands.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #2039
qz33
Baron Zemo

Prime1 has been a serious contender for what all of 2 years now?

For sure they splashed some cash to get a name for themselves but since all of these companies ultimately draw from the same well (China) there isn't much long term game in this.

There's a tension at play with this much competition. A company can only use money to artificially draw manufacturer attention for so long until manufacturers begin looking for the same profit increases from additional producers.

Basically as long as there's more money to be made producing lesser quality statues even at a higher volume than fewer statues at a lower volume, factories (as well as the workers and management they employ) will gravitate towards where the most money is.

The only leverage Prime1 or any company can have is to pay more money which of course eventually must translate to ever higher prices for us consumers.
But we keep paying it so it hasn't stopped. But it's about to.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #2040
qz33
Baron Zemo

Basically as individuals we all demand quality but together as a market, the demand has been on quantity (both in terms of ES AND number of products).

The PreOrder model is a huge part of what allows this. All of these Guts and statues in general are purchased unaware of the quality of the final product other than previous results.