Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #2071
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I should look into it thanks nbr3, im fooling myself if I can think ill last a whole month lol...even if I have to see this by myself I should just do it haha probably wont be too hard to get a reserved seating show for just me...rather go with friends though

im just curious, in general, what do you guys think about seeing a movie by yourself, weird or OK?
Nope. I've gone to movies I wanted to see right away that the wife had no interest in. I also used to do it when I traveled for business. Beats sitting in a hotel room by myself.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #2072
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I'm just curious, in general, what do you guys think about seeing a movie by yourself, weird or OK?
Personally I've never understood the stigma attached to this. Do you watch movies at home by yourself? Chances are you do, so going to a theater by yourself shouldn't be any different in my eyes. Sure some movies are events to be shared with friends and family but not every trip to the theater needs to be. I used to hit a matinee showing by myself once a week on my day off. I watch more movies than my friends and family and don't always like to wait months for it to hit BD.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #2073
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
im just curious, in general, what do you guys think about seeing a movie by yourself, weird or OK?
I have always gone to see movies by myself because when I was single, friends weren't always as interested in seeing movies as I was. Nowadays I don't have always have babysitting options available so the wife and I take turns going to the theater. I never thought it was weird, it's not like you're going to talk during the movie... are you???
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #2074
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
do it all the time bro, youre good!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #2075
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Tip: Those going on opening night, I suggest putting on some bullet proof armor under that stormtrooper costume
Don't you mean the stormtrooper costume...sans helmet and blaster?

“AMC does not permit weapons or items that would make other guests feel uncomfortable or detract from the movie-going experience. Guests are welcome to come dressed in costume, but we do not permit masks. In short, bring your lightsaber, turn it off during the movie, and leave the blaster and Darth Vader mask at home.”

“At Cinemark, Star Wars costumes are welcome. However, no face coverings, face paint, or simulated weapons (including lightsabers/blasters) will be allowed in the building.”

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-forc...ions-theaters/
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #2076
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Personally I've never understood the stigma attached to this. Do you watch movies at home by yourself? Chances are you do, so going to a theater by yourself shouldn't be any different in my eyes.
Depends on the movie.

If you see a lone dude watching 50 Shades of Grey in the back row, you might consider walking out.

Same thing with a Pixar movie where there are a ton of kids.

It's all in context.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #2077
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

thanks for the input guys, I feel a little less weird about it now lol I should check if they have any lonely single seats on opening night available...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #2078
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Well, it looks like we've already got some die-hard (nutty?) fans lining up at the Mann Chinese Theater in Los Angeles with 8 days to go!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/mo...g-up.html?_r=2

Was reading this yesterday, these people need lives. As mentioned, this is the age of online ticket sales and reserved seating, this is just unnecessary grandstanding to get attention, which they did. The last quote is what I found comical and shows me they aren't hardcore at all.

Quote:
Despite their intense fandom, the people lined up outside the Chinese do seem to have their limits. When a reporter mentioned that a Texas-centered theater chain was holding an endurance contest involving a marathon screening of the previous six “Star Wars” movies (no sleeping allowed), Ms. Vance made a skeptical face.

“That sounds unpleasant,” she said.
So you can live by the side of the road for almost two weeks but sitting and watching a marathon of the franchise you are supposedly so hardcore a fan of would be unpleasant?
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #2079
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

These guys waiting in line are either homeless or just looking for attention.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #2080
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Was reading this yesterday, these people need lives. As mentioned, this is the age of online ticket sales and reserved seating, this is just unnecessary grandstanding to get attention, which they did. The last quote is what I found comical and shows me they aren't hardcore at all.

So you can live by the side of the road for almost two weeks but sitting and watching a marathon of the franchise you are supposedly so hardcore a fan of would be unpleasant?
I would be unpleasant if you were not allowed to nap through parts of the prequels.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote