What's another word for Thesaurus?

Pre-order this weekend.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #202
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
I'm pretty much a stickler when it comes to detail on a Frazetta piece, in particular, a piece that I want, so when this version was nearing completion I poured over every available photo looking for mistakes. If you really look close there are many mistakes in the armour, the shield, the foot armour, but for the most part, the figure and horse are fairly accurate; But don't point out the flaws on the ARH Facebook site. They will prevent you from making any comments in the future
Just curious but what mistakes did you see? You can PM me if you don't want to put them in the open forum. Thanks
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #203
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

IMO the horse looks to small for his size, he looks huge sitting on the horse, would love to see in hand pics, maybe the pics that have been posted don't show it properly
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #204
ambasah
Red Skull

the horse is exactly as it should be in terms of size, as depicted in the artwork.

There will always be some details that are "off" if you put a microscope to the thing, and of course the transition from 2-d to 3-d art, but I love what I see and can't wait to place my order.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #205
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Minor crits...front horse mane and sword pommel and some minor helmet details.

Horse size perfect...he super imposed statue image over painting and it was on the money, check earlier posts on this thread.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #206
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Just curious but what mistakes did you see? You can PM me if you don't want to put them in the open forum. Thanks
My main gripe about the details is with ARH,not the sculptor. When you are creating a 3D representation of a figure drawn from one dimensional art, at some point you are going to have to fill in the blanks. With the Death Dealer's hunched position,you really can't see the shield arm. That's where a working knowledge of armour and how it works comes in: And that's what is missing. The finished sculpt has a tight leather lamellar type of arm covering which would not work because of binding.The first sabaton{foot armour} lame is backwards. The shield arm and shield mounts are incorrect{should be side to side}, and the back of the shield is wrong. It looks like wood flooring, not the solid planks rivetted to steel bands ...OK, I still get it, its Frazetta and its a fantasy piece, but when you make a figure that involves arms and armour,you should try to get as many of the details right, and be willing to fix them before it goes off to be molded.
I think that there was a deadline involved, it was rushed, and they had to have it for the show in NYC . It is still a great piece and yes I am getting one
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #207
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Those are details that a master armourer will notice and not a simpleton like me buying it for the kick a$$ amazing statue.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 AM   #208
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
My main gripe about the details is with ARH,not the sculptor. When you are creating a 3D representation of a figure drawn from one dimensional art, at some point you are going to have to fill in the blanks. With the Death Dealer's hunched position,you really can't see the shield arm. That's where a working knowledge of armour and how it works comes in: And that's what is missing. The finished sculpt has a tight leather lamellar type of arm covering which would not work because of binding.The first sabaton{foot armour} lame is backwards. The shield arm and shield mounts are incorrect{should be side to side}, and the back of the shield is wrong. It looks like wood flooring, not the solid planks rivetted to steel bands ...OK, I still get it, its Frazetta and its a fantasy piece, but when you make a figure that involves arms and armour,you should try to get as many of the details right, and be willing to fix them before it goes off to be molded.
I think that there was a deadline involved, it was rushed, and they had to have it for the show in NYC . It is still a great piece and yes I am getting one

Oh I see. Yeah I don't know that stuff very well. I was just looking at the sculpt compared to what I could see in my 16x20 print and I thought it was really well done. But I don't doubt you are correct RE actual armour and harnesses and so on.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #209
Vader
Ghost

when is this up for sale?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #210
Vader
Ghost

and where do they sell these pieces?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote