Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #201
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
We need a bad ass Lady Deathstrike 1/4 scale statue also.
That or a diorama vs Wolverine, sewer setting.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #202
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Me either, and I love juggernaut
Glad i’m not the only one, thought maybe i was missing something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
X-men version of Hulk. His power is basically that he is unstoppable....like Hulk's power is proportionate to his anger?

I’ve gathered that much, but is there anything else or is it just blind unstoppable hype?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL I was just going to mention Hulk. Like, what's the big deal about him?
Hulk is one of the defining characters of marvel comics, Hulk is largely metaphorical in nature, and hulk is a pivotal member of the avengers. I could understand hype behind hulk or the big deal about him. Juggernaut is none of these things.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #203
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Semantics.

When you look at both at a basic level, they're very similar (they even both debuted in the mid 1960's). Biggest difference to me is one is a hero, one is a villain. Hulk has a higher speed and intelligence, but they're both enormous characters with massive strength and durability/resistance. Neither were born with their powers, either. But, you're right, they're nothing alike.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #204
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Also, there's probably 100+ Hulk statues and a handful of Juggernaut, this being the first 1/4.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #205
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Semantics.

When you look at both at a basic level, they're very similar (they even both debuted in the mid 1960's). Biggest difference to me is one is a hero, one is a villain. Hulk has a higher speed and intelligence, but they're both enormous characters with massive strength and durability/resistance. Neither were born with their powers, either. But, you're right, they're nothing alike.
Semantics? I was addressing your response. Maybe you can answer this, where does this hype surrounding the character come or rather what has he done to garner so much fanfare besides being unstoppable maybe you can fill me in? Which was my initial statement of not understanding his hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Also, there's probably 100+ Hulk statues and a handful of Juggernaut, this being the first 1/4.
I'm speaking about the character not the statue, i'm buying the statue and can understand the hype behind the statue for the reason you mentioned.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #206
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
For me, I need villains to counter balance the good guys. I think that's the one weak point of the X-men is that there's so many popular heroes compared to them that the poplular X villains are a must have.

My ideal list:

Magneto
Mr Sinister
Juggernaut
Sabretooth
Apocalypse
Mystique
Omega Red
Silver Samurai
Sentinels

There's more but that's a pretty solid line-up and it still pales compared to all the popular X-men. I hope XM show what they have in the works for Juggernaut, as I'd like to compare even though SS's looks fantastic from what I can see.
Only x villains i need, with blob and toad lol always been a huge toad fan.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:23 PM   #207
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'm speaking about the character not the statue, i'm buying the statue and can understand the hype behind the statue for the reason you mentioned.
For me, the Juggernaut is this huge guy with cool armor and a cooler name. He’s a bad guy but you can see some good almost coming out. He has a unique helmet that gives him a battering ram feel and his color scheme is mostly brown with a little orange. Not many popular characters have those. Like the Hulk, he’s almost a primal force of badassery...or something like that.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #208
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Semantics? I was addressing your response. Maybe you can answer this, where does this hype surrounding the character come or rather what has he done to garner so much fanfare besides being unstoppable maybe you can fill me in? Which was my initial statement of not understanding his hype.
So, let me get this straight. You like Juggernaut. You are buying the maquette. But, you don't understand the hype surrounding what makes people like Juggernaut?

And why do people have to justify why they like something? I brought up Hulk because, beyond him being somewhat funny in the MCU movies, I could care less about him. Hence, my "I don't understand the hype around Hulk." Honestly, if it weren't for the MCU movies, I'd give two ----s about Capt. America or Iron Man as well. I only like them because of how the movies portrayed them, and couldn't care less what they've done in the comics.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #209
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I wouldn't overestimate Juggernauts popularity either.. Thanos is Marvel's best Cosmic villain and one of the best Villains period. He was also accompanied by the MCU hype and end credit scenes. Juggernaut is a B-character (arguably C-character).

If they overshoot price and ES, it could be disastrous. Look no further than Heat-seeker Deadpool. Lauded as a best in show statue at Comic-con. Debuted with a respectably low ES and took forever to sell because of the price.
Juggernaut is an A list character and has been around since 1965 and played an integral part in the X-Men mythology. But you are welcome to your opinion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_(comics)
However, I will agree that Sideshow needs to think carefully how they price this piece and the Deadpool example is a good one. Although Juggernaut is popular in this thread and forum, that would account for maybe 10-20 planned purchases? Make Juggernaut the carrot to bring more people to this line, not the piece they just can't afford or don't want to invest in.

Quote:
While I like juggernaut i've never quite understood the hype surrounding him tbh.
Haven't you heard??

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:08 PM   #210
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order