Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-22-2022, 01:37 PM   #201
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
dude I think you forgot that due to war euro is now worth basically same as USD so price inflation in EU retailers makes perfect sense
I know that
But I don't pay the current prices no matter what the reason for it may be
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:41 PM   #202
Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
Can it really be that high if you get it overseas even with a higher shipping?
I mean the difference is around 950, can shipping&customs really by that much?

Not critisism btw. Just asking because this pricepoint is something I could get behind probably. Expected more tbh
I do not know.
But it's too expensive for me. But I'm happy for everyone who affords the statue
Old 07-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #203
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I do not know.
But it's too expensive for me. But I'm happy for everyone who affords the statue
Yeah it's a lot of money, need to pass on some others for sure.
Will see, still undecided. Not about the statue itself, but wether it's enough value for that money.
Most of my incoming orders will clear out in September, and hopefully some prices on other statues will be known by then.

Congratz on RS btw. Had that on order but canceled, kinda regret that every time I see it
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:24 PM   #204
Asgard

Quote:
Yeah it's a lot of money, need to pass on some others for sure.
Will see, still undecided. Not about the statue itself, but wether it's enough value for that money.
Most of my incoming orders will clear out in September, and hopefully some prices on other statues will be known by then.
I also like P1 Jill valantine very much but for the price I won't buy it either.
It looks like Red Sonja was probably my last P1 statue.

I have Angelus and Aphrodite on pre-order. And I'm currently looking forward to how XM Samurai Batwoman looks.

Quote:
Congratz on RS btw. Had that on order but canceled, kinda regret that every time I see it
Maybe you can find one on the secondary market for a good price. I cross my fingers for you
Old 07-22-2022, 03:01 PM   #205
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

@Asgard - it sounds like this is the end of the road for you and statue collecting. What are your plans for life after statues?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:16 PM   #206
Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
@Asgard - it sounds like this is the end of the road for you and statue collecting. What are your plans for life after statues?
I figured I'd collect expensive wine or whiskey to forget how much money I've spent on statues

Nah, I hope Divine will release some great statues from Top Cow and Zenescope. XM Samurai also exist. And Sideshow brings Vox Machina statues.

There are still many great statues waiting for me
Old 07-22-2022, 07:37 PM   #207
KiDDo
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
dude I think you forgot that due to war euro is now worth basically same as USD so price inflation in EU retailers makes perfect sense
Euro being on par with USD is not the reason for the skyrocketing prices in Germany/Europe. It just makes importing from outside the EU insanely expensive if you have to pay in USD. If we could only choose to pay in Yen at Prime 1; Euro is good value to that.

The reason for the high prices is that the wholesalers - where our retailers order the statues from - forward the high shipping/container costs onto the retailer who then (has to) forward them onto us customers. Otherwise they couldn?t survive and make tons of losses. That?s why I paid around 550-600 EUR for a Sideshow PF last year, now it?s 700 EUR or more.

Quote:
Can it really be that high if you get it overseas even with a higher shipping?
I mean the difference is around 950, can shipping&customs really by that much?

Not critisism btw. Just asking because this pricepoint is something I could get behind probably. Expected more tbh
I will tell you now why I never import stuff because this is what you have to pay in the end:

(x + shipping) * 1,19 * 1,065

19% is sales tax in Germany. 6,5% is the duty rate for figure/statues etc.

Vampirella costs $203 economy shipping to Germany (as of now). That would make a total of $2284. Add roughly 15 EUR service fee for the post office and consider the weak Euro at the moment, it?s basically the same price Asgard mentioned. And that?s the cheapest one here by far. Another shop offers her for 2799 EUR.
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:14 AM   #208
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
Euro being on par with USD is not the reason for the skyrocketing prices in Germany/Europe. It just makes importing from outside the EU insanely expensive if you have to pay in USD. If we could only choose to pay in Yen at Prime 1; Euro is good value to that.

The reason for the high prices is that the wholesalers - where our retailers order the statues from - forward the high shipping/container costs onto the retailer who then (has to) forward them onto us customers. Otherwise they couldn?t survive and make tons of losses. That?s why I paid around 550-600 EUR for a Sideshow PF last year, now it?s 700 EUR or more.

I will tell you now why I never import stuff because this is what you have to pay in the end:

(x + shipping) * 1,19 * 1,065

19% is sales tax in Germany. 6,5% is the duty rate for figure/statues etc.

Vampirella costs $203 economy shipping to Germany (as of now). That would make a total of $2284. Add roughly 15 EUR service fee for the post office and consider the weak Euro at the moment, it?s basically the same price Asgard mentioned. And that?s the cheapest one here by far. Another shop offers her for 2799 EUR.

Thanks for the explanation
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:19 AM   #209
Shoo
Hercules

Pic by ToyArk.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:35 PM   #210
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This one was just as decent as the pics... although the piece was a lot larger and especially wider than anticipated. It was fine, but nothing I stayed with for long or even thought to revisit.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote