Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-13-2023, 10:27 AM   #201
morty76
Justice League

This is the same company that did that fantastic Angelus statue? Divine Statues can do better than this.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:35 AM   #202
MPCanes
The X-Men

Interested to see high rez/studio photos, sculpt itself looks great (nameplate aside). Great work Divine!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:36 AM   #203
Divine Statues
Fantastic Four

We will think about whether there is the possibility of presenting them with or without the name. I think this is possible by design. I hope this doesn't stop anyone from buying the statue though.
Divine Statues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:55 AM   #204
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Is this the same face sculpt on the painted statue?
Because if it is - the paint had killed the beautiful face. Where is the pretty smirk and the defined features?
We need a better look at the painted face, but I see what you mean, maybe the lips are too heavily painted and have lost the smirk??? Gotta get some high resolution photos and Divine did say they could revisit the paint, and as for the nameplate, I saw someone suggest a magnetic rock to cover it, not a bad idea, then you have an option of how to display it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:00 AM   #205
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Need better pics STAT.
I'll just say it again.

Is no one with a phone from this decade attending NYCC?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:27 AM   #206
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'll just say it again.

Is no one with a phone from this decade attending NYCC?
Nice of these two collectors to take time out of their convention to take these pics for us.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:40 AM   #207
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's just what happens when you have XM paint these. Happens with every female release.
I thought Divine painted their own pieces?? Because if XM painted Angelus and Witchblade, we should have seen a downgrade there. And there wasn?t one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yeah, sculpt looks amazing to me, not sure what happened with the paint.
Thank goodness Divine stated that is up for review because it really needs it. At this point reduce the cost and sell the great sculpt as an unpainted kit. Given Witchblade and Angelus, I have faith this can be fixed. I hope so because if Van Helsing looks like this?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Statues View Post
We will think about whether there is the possibility of presenting them with or without the name. I think this is possible by design. I hope this doesn't stop anyone from buying the statue though.
I think the nameplate is fine some people and not fine for others. But if there is an easy option to display either way, go with that.

I personally don’t prefer to see a nameplate like that. Also, it is not common to see statues with the character’s name on the base. And saying that a character isn’t popular isn’t a good reason. For example, few people know who Angelus is, but she didn’t have a name plate built into the base.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:48 AM   #208
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I thought Divine painted their own pieces?? Because if XM painted Angelus and Witchblade, we should have seen a downgrade there. And there wasn?t one.
I can't say for certain, but I'm going to make a pretty good bet that the same person (Ang?) who paints the XM pieces, painted all of them. Just look at Witchblade and Aphrodite's portraits. They look just like how all the other XM females look. Blank stares, too much red in their eyes, bored looking. I'm pretty sure Divine has the sculpts done, then one of the XM guys paints them up, and then the XM factory produces them. But, obviously Divine can let me know if I'm wrong.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 12:31 PM   #209
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Is this the same face sculpt on the painted statue?
Because if it is - the paint had killed the beautiful face. Where is the pretty smirk and the defined features?
I have to agree with you. The lips are terribly painted. I like everything else very much
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 01:54 PM   #210
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I have to agree with you. The lips are terribly painted. I like everything else very much
Just based off of these photos, the lips need less paint, more detail in the expression, as shown in the sculpt photos, maybe the other colors need a little more pop, in the green and her blonde hair, but I agree, everything else is great, hopefully they find a simple solution to the nameplate, it doesn't bother me either way really, and I hope it sells great for them
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote