Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #21031
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Cool man! Really hope you enjoy it. Definitely interested to hear what you think.

As far as spoilers go, this thread is a safe zone as far as I'm concerned. Most of the mods are in here regularly so if any spoilers do get posted they'll be deleted and those posting them will be dealt with. Thankfully everyone seems to be quite respectful of the rules. I can't think of anything I've had ruined for me here over the years.
Thanks. I'll definitely post my review. It's good to know about the no spoilers rule in this thread. I actually never noticed that it was in the thread title before today.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #21032
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

BvS

7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #21033
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Rage of Honor (1987) - 8/10

RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:58 AM   #21034
SuperJ300
Zot

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN

4/10
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #21035
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Batman vs Superman - 9/10

I avoided spoilers and stayed away from all the negative reviews before going into this film and as I was walking out of the theater, I was on such a high that I immediately wanted to see the film again. I didn't but I will see it again before it leaves the theater. I loved the film. Snyder and Co. did a splendid job of weaving the main narrative around several setups and Easter Eggs that tease the future DCU films in the franchise.

I thougt all the actors did a splendid job in their respective roles with stand outs for me being Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot. Ben did such a superb job paying Wayne/Bats. I really can't find any fault with his performance. He is by far the best actor to wear the cowl and he surpasses all the previous attempts from the past. I had my reservations about Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman. She did a fantastic job in the role and I am now looking forward to her stand alone film with great excitement.

I really can't understand all the hate toward this film except to say that many must of had previously conceived expectations and were disappointed when those expectations weren't realized. This is one of the best comic book movies I have seen from both Marvel and DC and I am all in and excited for what will come in future films from this franchise.

I am planning to pick up the director's cut of this film when it comes out on blu ray. It apparently has an extra 35 to 40 minutes of footage and I can't wait to see Snyder's unfettered version of this film.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #21036
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

another satisfied customer.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #21037
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

BvS, 4/10.

I agree that Ben and Gal did a great job but, for me, the film was too disjointed with overall weak narrative that much of what happened in the film took me straight out of it, like the portrayal of Luthor and even Martha Kent who told Clark he owed the world nothing. Overall, was a disappointment though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hated it.

Last edited by wktf; 04-03-2016 at 06:53 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #21038
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
BvS, 4/10.

I agree that Ben and Gal did a great job but, for me, the film was too disjointed with overall weak narrative that much of what happened in the film took me straight out of it, like the portrayal of Luthor and even Martha Kent who told Clark he owed the world nothing. Overall, was a disappointment though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hated it.
It's funny - people have this reaction or they loved it - for me, I agree with everything you say. I didn't hate it but was disappointed after I left.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:50 PM   #21039
SONICobra
Batman

BvS 8/10

overall a lot of fun but cant deny it felt unfocused at times. im sure a lot of people blame Snyder, I blame WB for rushing to jump start their cinematic universe. batman and wonder woman were awesome
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #21040
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
another satisfied customer.
Indeed. While I am looking forward to a second viewing in the theater, I am most excited about seeing the director's cut. I can't help but think it will provide even more meat on the bone for what was already a compelling and well executed narrative.