Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #2101
T-Bonz
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylojiks View Post
Also depends if Guile or Ryu is more popular comparatively. You really think Guile will hit 1k? wow.
not right away 1k. but by the fact that guile was executed better than ryu and ryu has been hitting around $900. the flippers are cry foul because they had a home run at the original numbers 350/125. with the added 250 statues, the flippers would still make out good but more like a second base hit.
T-Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #2102
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
I spent over 15K-20K on my DVDs colllection and another 15K in music CDs...and I buy mostly limited edition set. I think I can sell all of them for maybe 5K since most collectors buy blu-ray and download music now. Should I blame someone? Hell no...it was my choice
Hey Min, I used to work for this industry and did marketing for thinks like SE, LE, Collector Editions, ...
If a DVD, Blu-Ray, CD... is called limited, that means nothing It's like the run is limited to for example 500.000 pieces instead of 550.000 pieces just as an incentive for potential buyers Also they are almost never numbered, so IF all 500.000 pieces would sell, they can make even more and the customer never knows about that...
So you cannot compare this.

What if the waitlist raises to 2000 people, will the ES be increased again??

Hope that the first 350/120 will get their extra though…

Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #2103
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bonz View Post
i don't see anybody losing money on them.
Me either
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #2104
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
Holy crap 18 bids on that already? :P
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #2105
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy485 View Post
Agreed. Whenever there is no desire for an exclusive, I rely on my go to urban-collector.com.

Regular Cammy was $199, regular Ken was $199, regular Zangief was $319, and the Ryu v. Sagat Dio was $271. That is a lot of money saved when you add those together.

Sideshow prices are high for no reason. I'll easily give up my Charlie dog tags for $50 savings!
One thing that drive me more angry then anything else is paying that much for these pieces when i know that they all come from China.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Made-in-China-American-Flag.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	615.3 KB
ID:	54642  
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #2106
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by benocehcap View Post
One thing that drive me more angry then anything else is paying that much for these pieces when i know that they all come from China.
What's wrong with China? :P
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #2107
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yes, what's wrong with China?
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #2108
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The worst thing about eBay is the fact that people are selling fakes of the ryu & akuma statues. I think alot of people dont know this. Anytime you see the serial # AP, its almost a guarantee that its a fake. Reason being is that theres no serial number to proove it that it is legit. I know that there are legit AP's, but this is the easiest way for them to sell these fakes. And people pay insane prices for the fakes. And where do they come from, CHINA.So thats whats wrong with china. These people that make these fakes over there have no morals. All they want is to make money off ingorant americans. There the ones who are making most of the money on ebay for these pieces of junk.

Disclaimer: I dont hate the chinese or their country. I hate the chinese factory(s) that make these fakes.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #2109
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Oh BTY, AP's are not counted in the final production run. Example: Guile's run is now 550/175 (not counting any AP'S that are produced). The final total production could actually be 650/300 or more (including the AP's). Thats 1050+ total. And the sad thing about it is that we will never know haw many are actually produced.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #2110
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
The worst thing about eBay is the fact that people are selling fakes of the ryu & akuma statues. I think alot of people dont know this. Anytime you see the serial # AP, its almost a guarantee that its a fake. Reason being is that theres no serial number to proove it that it is legit. I know that there are legit AP's, but this is the easiest way for them to sell these fakes. And people pay insane prices for the fakes. And where do they come from, CHINA.So thats whats wrong with china. These people that make these fakes over there have no morals. All they want is to make money off ingorant americans. There the ones who are making most of the money on ebay for these pieces of junk.

Disclaimer: I dont hate the chinese or their country. I hate the chinese factory(s) that make these fakes.
Oh, and you know what's worse? Even the originals came from China? Can you believe that?
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote