Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #2121
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Yes!!! It is perfect!
Agreed. The body sculpt is what lifts it above the amazing previous Sideshow Red Sonja
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #2122
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Googly Eyes are Googly Eyes, you don't need to zoom in to see that on a statue, so I'm not sure how that's nitpicking... Especially for a $600 statue. That said, odds are it won't be on all of them... or at least I hope not for the collectors that bought her...
So how come this perceived issue hasn't been spotted by almost anyone else? I mean, from your post, it seems like you're suggesting this is a clear and obvious issue.....but struggle as I might, I can't see it.....maybe it's the inverse of "The Emperors new clothes".
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #2123
dao2
Cyclops

There is a bit a wandering eye on the pic in the last page tbh, fair chance u won't notice when u r not so close
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #2124
nearmint
Phoenix

I think the hairline is improved in the production piece.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #2125
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
So how come this perceived issue hasn't been spotted by almost anyone else? I mean, from your post, it seems like you're suggesting this is a clear and obvious issue.....but struggle as I might, I can't see it.....maybe it's the inverse of "The Emperors new clothes".
I don't think it's a bad thing that someone points it out, I do see it myself.... It could just be that one statue and all the other production ones are fine... who knows, but it doesn't hurt for collectors to know about a "Possible" issue so they can check their statues out when they get them to make sure..

I don't know why your so ultra sensitive to anyone pointing out a flaw or possible flaw on SS statues.. Did you just get a job with them recently or something?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #2126
pdenham
Teen Titans

While the eyes are slightly at off angles, I think the inclination of the head and the strand of hair over the right side of the face will both serve to mask it to a large degree.

I may be wrong, and I'll only see for sure when it actually shows up, but that's my take from the pics.

I don't think it will be a big problem, nor do I have a problem with anyone pointing it out.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #2127
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
While the eyes are slightly at off angles, I think the inclination of the head and the strand of hair over the right side of the face will both serve to mask it to a large degree.

I may be wrong, and I'll only see for sure when it actually shows up, but that's my take from the pics.

I don't think it will be a big problem, nor do I have a problem with anyone pointing it out.
I've spent more time looking at the eyes. Maybe the slight issue isn't the right eye looking too far to the right. Maybe the left eye should be looking more to the right than it is, to align it more with the right eye.

The eye's on the prototype appear to be looking towards the same place. Which is perfect.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #2128
Popnfresh98
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
#sigh.....so the production photos are out, and here come the tire kickers. You know, those guys, who lock themselves in their basements with the photo's on superzoom in an attempt to find some minor discrepancy so that they can launch the discussion for the next 20 pages.......

At this point, the quality of piece will be determined by each collector who gets the piece. So, rather then this tedious amateur Sherlock Holmes investigation based on photos, can we move onto owners impressions and reviews?
Well, people will comment on the quality of the piece once the piece comes out, and once folks receive it. Until then let folks say what they want. There’s no reason to mind it so much, he’s free to share his observations.

I’d rather there be more conversation, in whatever direction, than censoring others. It shall be mine either way!
Popnfresh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #2129
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

It's not about censorship, or not wanting to hear positive or negative opinions. I was expressing my own opinion regarding the tedium of having to read through petty "observations" on a percieved lack of quality.

I get that people want a "perfect" product, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

As I predicted, we will now have page after page of debate on a percieved issue that, until it was placed under the microscope, was perfectly fine a few posts back. Yipee, that will make this thread fun.

The last thing I will contribute on the subject is this: There's a fine line between having a critical eye, and "nit picking". One of these things is useful - the other is downright tedious and annoying.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #2130
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Only bad thing on this I see is the mixed media. I hate doll clothes!!!
That's why I'm ok with the REG on this one. I don't need the fabric war banner that comes with the EX.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote