Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #21581
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Full Monty - 7/10 Funny
Old 10-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #21582
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

X-Men Apocalypse 8/10 I really enjoyed it. Darker than the previous two and that suits me just fine.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #21583
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Guest 7.5/10

The Hateful Eight - 9.5/10 this was a fantastic movie I thoroughly enjoyed it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #21584
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

London Town 10/10 for the music, 6/10 for the movie.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #21585
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Poltergeist remake - Fell asleep / 10 - Fell asleep after about 30 minutes. Couldn't make it through this one and would of shut it off regardless. I don't know what exactly turned me off, but it did. I skipped to the end before turning it off and the family is laughing and all that after all these events. Yeah, don't think anyone would be laughing and they would all be traumatized.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #21586
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

ghostbusters 2016

OK...I always wanted to give this movie a fair chance ever since it was announced, I skipped it in theatres but watched it at home yesterday, and I gotta say it was quite bad, I literally laughed zero times, and usually I like all those ladies from SNL but something in this movie was just not working, it seemed rushed, uninspired, and more like people just pretending to be the ghostbusters

a generous 6/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #21587
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
ghostbusters 2016

OK...I always wanted to give this movie a fair chance ever since it was announced, I skipped it in theatres but watched it at home yesterday, and I gotta say it was quite bad, I literally laughed zero times, and usually I like all those ladies from SNL but something in this movie was just not working, it seemed rushed, uninspired, and more like people just pretending to be the ghostbusters

a generous 6/10
I felt about the same. The film starts off promising then goes downhill fast. All the jokes feel forced and are completely unfunny. I'm not sure how this one got a pass from the critics.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #21588
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
ghostbusters 2016

a generous 6/10
I haven't seen it yet, and not in any hurry to but that would have made a cool idea for this 'remake'.

Make the story about a group of cosplaying comic con nerds who all dress up as the Ghostbusters and stumble across some actual ghosts. I'd pay to see that version.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #21589
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

The First Monday in May: 7/10 - Probably not something most SF members would like but I enjoyed this doco showing what goes on behind the scenes for a major fashion event at The Met. Interesting to see the effort, ego stroking etc and I find Anna Wintour fascinating.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #21590
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
The First Monday in May: 7/10 - Probably not something most SF members would like but I enjoyed this doco showing what goes on behind the scenes for a major fashion event at The Met. Interesting to see the effort, ego stroking etc and I find Anna Wintour fascinating.