Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #2161
WolverineFan
I am da law!

The prices have really been dropping on Venom and Cable as of late. I think I seen Venom for as low as $1200. I like it because I don’t have either of them yet. Might be time to make a move
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:50 AM   #2162
cosmic
Mephisto

thats true yes, some other statues like Punisher for example are even way below retail
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 AM   #2163
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The prices have really been dropping on Venom and Cable as of late. I think I seen Venom for as low as $1200. I like it because I don’t have either of them yet. Might be time to make a move
Just be careful, my friend bought a re-casted one for 1200 and it came with legit XM packaging. Be sure its from a reputable seller!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:22 AM   #2164
actionjackson83
Midnighter

prices dropped because of recasts. people probably don't even know they're buying recasts that are sold as legit statues that bring the market price down even further.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:47 AM   #2165
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I knew this was going to be huge problem with Asian manufacturing.
I refuse to buy second hand XMs simply for this reason. I'll pay a premium off the hop but I know 100% it's legit. The serial number on bottom gets registered to XM site and it validates authenticity and tags item to me as original owner. It's like XM knew this was going to happen. I buy what I love so if price dips cest last vie but I hope they don't completely crash as I've got two huge pieces to come in Hulkbuster and Hulk Transformation I really don't want to lose my shorts on those.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #2166
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yikes, that's scary. I was hoping to maybe pick up a Venom at the beginning of the year.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #2167
built2shred
Phoenix

Venom price was bound to drop with SS and Prime 1 making their own versions of the character... I'm sure recasts play a small part also but I think the glutton of product on the market is the biggest culprit.

If your buying an used XM statue you can always ask what the serial number is on the statue to verify it's legit and registered in the persons name on XM website.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #2168
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Just be careful, my friend bought a re-casted one for 1200 and it came with legit XM packaging. Be sure its from a reputable seller!
Please post pics of this recast that was shipped with “legit XM packaging”. That would be a first. Would like to see the pic of the bottom of the base too. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
prices dropped because of recasts. people probably don't even know they're buying recasts that are sold as legit statues that bring the market price down even further.
Not true, the recasts can’t forge the serial number on the base. IMO The prices have been dropping because there are tons of new venom statues that are all very good including P1, SS and half a dozen customs. Too much supply.

It’s not just venom, the prices on pretty much all XM pieces have seen big drops in the aftermarket the past several months.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #2169
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Another reason (that certain people don't like to hear) is the hype that some people create (XM fan boys and re-sellers) dies down. Same thing is going to happen to Dark Phoenix.

The people who want to sell will hype her up to try and get more money, and as she's released and sales slow, her price will drop too.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #2170
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The 1/4 market is way to volatile I stayed away for years . I wanted few larger centre pieces to show off different styles in my collection but I'm just about done with collecting . I'm going to enjoy what I have and move the f--k on. These are not investments but made to enjoy that's it!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote