Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #211
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
They jacked up the shipping since last year significantly - a PF box now cost $50+ to east coast used to be $30, but ups didn’t increase their rates anywhere close to that much, like a few bucks only.
I haven't seen that much of an increase. They're charging me $25.74 to ship Elektra next week, which is in line with what I paid in the last few years.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #212
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
What’s sitting in their warehouse? Those are sold preorders, they can charge whatever they want for shipping and you will pay for it and say thank you sir.
They charge the same shipping rates for preorders when they first go out and the in-stock orders that appear shortly after. If not, that discrepancy would have easily come to light. Charging a high shipping rate on in-stock Prime 1 pieces would deter sales, thus leaving a large number of huge boxes sitting in their warehouse.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #213
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I haven't seen that much of an increase. They're charging me $25.74 to ship Elektra next week, which is in line with what I paid in the last few years.
My shipping rates for PF's have always been between $45-$70 to east coast. Had some boxes in the $60's when I first started and some in the $40's just recently.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #214
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Are we EVER going to hear anything from sideshow or prime 1 studios about this?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #215
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Yes, I ordered the AK Harley on 4/29 and mine also shows a status of "full amount paid". I emailed customer service last week and received this response...

Thank you for contacting us.

Usually it takes about 4-8 weeks after the last payment has been made.
We are sincerely sorry for making you wait.
Once the order is shipped you will get a message with a tracking number.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Prime 1 Studio

Thank you. I got same response from an email back on 5/17. Hopefully our statues ship out soon.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:09 PM   #216
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Thank you. I got same response from an email back on 5/17. Hopefully our statues ship out soon.
I assume they're waiting until they've filled a cargo container.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #217
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is going to be a big area of growth and improvement for Prime 1 as they go out on their own.

They need to get better on how they communicate with us on our orders. At the same time we need to manage our own expectations on what we are going to get with economy shipping. I'm still waiting for an in stock order I placed in early May. With Sideshow it would have been here within a week. Prime 1 takes longer but seems to always make it worth our wait.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #218
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
What’s sitting in their warehouse? Those are sold preorders, they can charge whatever they want for shipping and you will pay for it and say thank you sir.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm stuck with them for my sculpted cape Superman because it is on waitlist at Prime 1 and Hush Batman because I used points. That said, I don't see any reason to keep my other Prime 1 orders with them.

I don't understand their reasoning on the increased shipping. A lot of people buy from both companies (I haven't bought SS in years due to their lack of QC). Why continue to do business with a company that treats you like that?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #219
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I assume they're waiting until they've filled a cargo container.
I bet you're correct on this. My DKR Batman was shipped out of China. Chinese companies get major subsidies from the Chinese and other governments. Most of their shipping is minimal or nothing so long as they ship out in mass quantities.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #220
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I'm stuck with them for my sculpted cape Superman because it is on waitlist at Prime 1 and Hush Batman because I used points. That said, I don't see any reason to keep my other Prime 1 orders with them.

I don't understand their reasoning on the increased shipping. A lot of people buy from both companies (I haven't bought SS in years due to their lack of QC). Why continue to do business with a company that treats you like that?
if you already preordered and cancel, they will take your NRD. For a $1000+ piece like most P1 preorders, it's a bit of money.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote