Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #211
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
we've never actually seen one in game, but military is the way of life for turrians male and female. Garrus mentions it in ME2 when he's telling a story about a fight he had with the "2nd best hand to hand combatant" in his unit that was a women, fight ended up in a draw so they found an "alternate" way to settle things up in his room
Right... that was awesome.

I wish Kasumi was in ME 3 more, but that she was in it at all (as was Jack, who I didn't like initially but grew to appreciate the character) was awesome.

My next playthrough, I should be bumping into Samara... since my Renegade Infiltrator Femshep (the only character I've braved ME3 with thus far)sided with Morinth in ME2. Best "romance" scene of the game. Eep.

I've heard Samara's involvement in ME3 is pretty sweet; with Morinth, you got a message from her, and later you fight her at the Monastery (she's a Banshee). Kinda weak.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #212
MrYac
Hercules

samara like most of the ME2 people can be a war asset in the end and she is involved in 1 mission. while i wish they gave you a better crew this time around i was glad they at least let the old squaddies make an appearence
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #213
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
samara like most of the ME2 people can be a war asset in the end and she is involved in 1 mission. while i wish they gave you a better crew this time around i was glad they at least let the old squaddies make an appearence
Vega was a total throw away character. He sucked!

Kind of sucked how a lot of choices you made and things you did only boiled down to behind the scenes "war assets". Didn't get to see the Racchni actually do anything except "help" build the Crucible. All the Mercs you banded together for Aria didn't really seem significant beyond a number as a War Asset. Also, what significance did blowing up the Collector Base have versus letting the Illusuve Man have it? He still managed to salvage a lot of the human Reaper either way.

I think Bioware realized by the third game that their vision was too grand. A lot more time should have been spent incorporating all of the things that lead up to ME 3 from the first two games. They wasted a lot of time and money on freakin' multiplayer when NO ONE asked or expected it to be a part of the last game. Do you know what multiplayer is good for in a game like this? D...L...C!

My overall opinion of this game (ending excluded) is that ME 3 was good, but not great.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #214
MrYac
Hercules

while i may not have asked for it i'll admit i'm getting a lot of fun out of the multiplayer, and without it being in i probably would have already shelved the game until new DLC hit, so i can't fault them for that.

but i agree there was a lot of stuff that could've made the game truly epic that was just not there.

and i hope they're not true but i keep hearing rumors about James being used for future ME stuff be it another game or even a series....like i said really hope they're just rumors
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #215
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

If this series continues beyond ME 3 without Shepard (and female better be included if it does), then I'm out.

Maybe if it follows Garrus I'll change my mind, but Vega? No f'ing way!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #216
MrYac
Hercules

well they were always planning on the ME world going forward and for sheppard to end at the trilogy so i'm fine with that
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #217
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Vega was a total throw away character. He sucked!

Kind of sucked how a lot of choices you made and things you did only boiled down to behind the scenes "war assets". Didn't get to see the Racchni actually do anything except "help" build the Crucible. All the Mercs you banded together for Aria didn't really seem significant beyond a number as a War Asset. Also, what significance did blowing up the Collector Base have versus letting the Illusuve Man have it? He still managed to salvage a lot of the human Reaper either way.

I think Bioware realized by the third game that their vision was too grand. A lot more time should have been spent incorporating all of the things that lead up to ME 3 from the first two games. They wasted a lot of time and money on freakin' multiplayer when NO ONE asked or expected it to be a part of the last game. Do you know what multiplayer is good for in a game like this? D...L...C!

My overall opinion of this game (ending excluded) is that ME 3 was good, but not great.
I'm exactly the same here.

The effort I made buiding war assets, and I NEVER got to see them fight. The whole game (actually the whole three games) is set up for this massive showdown with the reapers.

The sheer emotional and time investment it took to build up these relationships and this galactic army and everything happens off screen.

Would it have killed them to show some actual fighting cut scenes as part of the shambolic ending? Some sort of recognition of the effort made instead of some chromatic changes might have been nice...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #218
MrYac
Hercules

yeah, i would've loved so much to see some alliance navy troops pinned down while reaper forces advance on them only to have a squadron of Geth troopers drop from the skies to give them cover fire, or one of the smaller reapers taking out ships when an enormous swarm of rachni cover it giving the ships time to blow it out of the sky....or at least something to show the effort i put in
Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #219
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Would it have killed them to show some actual fighting cut scenes as part of the shambolic ending? Some sort of recognition of the effort made instead of some chromatic changes might have been nice...
Quote:
yeah, i would've loved so much to see some alliance navy troops pinned down while reaper forces advance on them only to have a squadron of Geth troopers drop from the skies to give them cover fire, or one of the smaller reapers taking out ships when an enormous swarm of rachni cover it giving the ships time to blow it out of the sky....or at least something to show the effort i put in
I agree with both of you 100%. The "War Assets" portion was a joke; would've loved to see another mission or more of an effort from the allies I've made throughout the game at the end.

If nothing else, some grand cinematic effort on their part would've made the final "ghost child" ending a little more palatable, since you saw your allies pulling their weight before you make your ultimate decision...

.. and on THAT note, again, the way Shepard was written, I still think you should've been able to fold your arms and say "f#ck you; we don't need your help. I'll die with a clear conscience" and just sit down and bleed out, denying the "child" any sort of satisfaction.

Up until then, Shepard was written to do what was required, not necessarily what was "right".

The game was fantastic the trilogy was amazing, and the ending COULD have been worse... but yeah; ugh.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #220
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Thing is, it would have been so easy...the cutscenes could have been linked to the war assets you've collected...the more effort you put in, the bigger the fight scenes, ultimate pay off.

I grew really attached to the characters in this game...yet no one gets any screentime in any way in the cinematics at the end...are they dead, did they survive?

For someone who spent close to 130 hours of playthrough investing so many bloody conversations about character's grandparents, getting abuse from Joker about my mission performances and trying not to inadvertantly turn my character gay...I'm left with a dive into light and a native american talking bollocks...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote