Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #211
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I singled out the signature as the questionable aspect of this rerelease in a previous post. I agree with not caring about them on the whole though.
Oh, I see. But yeah, my point still stands when it comes to how overindulgent others are being in my opinion.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #212
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Oh, I see. But yeah, my point still stands when it comes to how overindulgent others are being in my opinion.
That's fair. It's a touchy subject. I've been on both sides of the discussion depending on the piece/company. Your point about the ruby contrasting better here than the emerald reminds me of the aforementioned Bats vs. Killer Croc dio, where DCC put out the black suit 2nd edition, which many found preferable. That would bug me if I bought the original, whether at retail or the inflated aftermarket price. I'm probably not bothering with the upcoming Bats vs. Harley because it's practically screaming for a similar situation and I usually love the classic blue.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #213
Shoo
Hercules

Yeah, DCC being DCC, it's almost a given that (wonderful) piece will eventually be re-released.

I love the blue, too.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #214
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Nevermind
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #215
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm probably not bothering with the upcoming Bats vs. Harley because it's practically screaming for a similar situation and I usually love the classic blue.
Isn't this exactly one of the points being made here? If a collectibles company goes down the path of reissuing sold out pieces and releasing variants, it establishes a reputation and affects collectors' future purchasing considerations.

And I can guarantee you the vast majority of people picking up this Catwoman aren't buying Egghead. They probably just pissed off their most dedicated collectors.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #216
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
Isn't this exactly one of the points being made here? If a collectibles company goes down the path of reissuing sold out pieces and releasing variants, it establishes a reputation and affects collectors' future purchasing considerations.

And I can guarantee you the vast majority of people picking up this Catwoman aren't buying Egghead. They probably just pissed off their most dedicated collectors.
My point with the Bats vs. Harley was more that I'd pass in favor of an eventual black variant, not that I would forsake buying it altogether on principle. I like blue Bats, but that's more pastel, Super Powers blue than I prefer.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #217
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
My point with the Bats vs. Harley was more that I'd pass in favor of an eventual black variant, not that I would forsake buying it altogether on principle. I like blue Bats, but that's more pastel, Super Powers blue than I prefer.
But you're assessing the situation based on DCD's crappy reputation. You're just assuming a variant is inevitable. If it never happens, you may chase down the original version someday, but that may have affected their original sales. And years down the road, some collectors who may have been of the same mind as you may now be distracted by something else and moved on completely.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #218
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
But you're assessing the situation based on DCD's crappy reputation. You're just assuming a variant is inevitable. If it never happens, you may chase down the original version someday, but that may have affected their original sales. And years down the road, some collectors who may have been of the same mind as you may now be distracted by something else and moved on completely.
Comparing Tweeterhead to DCC does get a little more complicated. DCC is of course widely known and there stuff is in comic shops just about everywhere and because they don't pay a licensing fee they generally have lower prices. So many collectors, variants or not, still collect DCC, myself included. Their "reputation" might be crappy but it doesn't seem to stop thousands of people from collecting them.

Tweeterhead, is relatively new and I don't think has the widespread fan base that DCC has gotten in it's decades of producing statues. So while people love Tweeterhead you are correct in thinking that putting out variants so quickly may have annoyed some of their collecting core, but that doesn't necessairly mean that they've ruined it for everyone either.

I'd still buy from them, though, they make very pretty collectibles.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #219
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Would you still lose your NRD if you wanted to cancel now that they changed the material for the costume?
I'm very cautious about pre-ordering because a lot of times the final product ends up differing in someway or there are qc control issues.
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #220
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
Would you still lose your NRD if you wanted to cancel now that they changed the material for the costume?
I'm very cautious about pre-ordering because a lot of times the final product ends up differing in someway or there are qc control issues.
I got my nrd back after I argued with them the change did make a difference. I also showed them the original preview to the one shown now. It looks completely different. I did it through live chat.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote