Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-04-2023, 04:33 PM   #211
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Well, Agent_J.Warren, you already know. The sculpt is lacking. Check the low part of the base. What are these ? Rocks? Waste? Zero definition, nada, nothing.

Or even check how his hand gently touches the window. Is he going to play the piano for us? To play some Vivaldi? Or to attack an enemy? Is he hiding to sneaky attack? What is the concept and what is this sculpt?

WHERE is the intensity in the sculpt?

Agent, it is obvious that you are already regretting POing this. You want Ivy from Harbottle. Well, i can't fault you. These 2 sculpts are like night and day. Ivy is a masterpiece, this Noir Spiderman is.....well, let's leave it there...

Nevertheless, this Noir Spiderman could be one ODD case of an obviously bad sculpt but an appreciating statue in the aftermarket!

The reason is that i can't see many companies making a Noir Spiderman and thus this one could be the sole 1/4 Noir Spiderman on the market.

An ODD case of an obviously lacking sculpt (as you already stated yourself and as the market dictates having a preset ES of 400 for the EX, being a Spiderman rendition with Spiderman being the most popular comic character and still NOT on waitlist months after PO started, although it is slowly approaching going on waitlist). Harbottle's Ivy sold-out in a couple of hours but Ivy was clearly a FAR SUPERIOR sculpt.

But if you trully dont want this and prefer Ivy, get her. Wait for an ES for the Reg Ivy and if it is low, then get her. She is also going to appreciate in the aftermarket if the total ES (Variant + Reg) is < 1500.

It is obvious even for a non-collector, that the difference between this and new Ivy is colossal. But it is your choice and your money.
You make several good points. For this one I actually kind of like the sculpt but Ivy is 100 x better. Issue is that I don't collect DC.

Have an X-Men collection, Spider-Man collection and various Marvel. I only really have interest in this piece to round out the Spider-Man collection. Also doubting any other licensed studio will touch him. Yeah...I guess what's done is done for the pre-order. I will keep it and watch Ivy for like stock. 400 ES is insanely low so maybe I sell something and get both.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 04:36 PM   #212
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
When this piece was first revealed i thought it look good.
As time has passed, i have lost all interest in it.
Surprisingly it's been the opposite for me lol. At first I thought the exclusive looks terrible and now I actually like it more. Probably fomo if we're being honest.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:41 PM   #213
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
You make several good points. For this one I actually kind of like the sculpt but Ivy is 100 x better. Issue is that I don't collect DC.

Have an X-Men collection, Spider-Man collection and various Marvel. I only really have interest in this piece to round out the Spider-Man collection. Also doubting any other licensed studio will touch him. Yeah...I guess what's done is done for the pre-order. I will keep it and watch Ivy for like stock. 400 ES is insanely low so maybe I sell something and get both.
Yes. I totally agree. It is obvious that this sculpt lacks BIG TIME, but with an ES of only 400 for the EX and bearing in mind that it could possibly be the only rendition of Noir Spiderman in 1/4 scale, you can keep it and wait till it appreciates in the aftermarket.

For me, Ivy is a MUST regardless if you are a DC collector or not. Just for the artistic value of the sculpt. It is a glorious sculpt by the magician, Will Harbottle.

Your plan is good. Stick to it and let's see what happens.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #214
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Surprisingly it's been the opposite for me lol. At first I thought the exclusive looks terrible and now I actually like it more. Probably fomo if we're being honest.
He generally speaks for this Noir Spiderman, not specifically for the EX having a low ES. Ukshaun states the obvious. That the sculpt is lacking big time and so his/our interest is waning.

It isnt a Penguin or an Ivy being perfect sculpts so as to keep your/our interest, Noir Spiderman is obviously a subpar sculpt.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #215
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
He generally speaks for this Noir Spiderman, not specifically for the EX having a low ES. Ukshaun states the obvious. That the sculpt is lacking big time and so his/our interest is waning.

It isnt a Penguin or an Ivy being perfect sculpts so as to keep your/our interest, Noir Spiderman is obviously a subpar sculpt.

Nothing more, nothing less.
100% correct.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 05:31 PM   #216
SONICobra
Batman

i think the sculpt on this is really good, the paint is where they lose me with that glow effect. i dont care for the ex but the CE would have been perfect if they kept the color pallete to greys and blacks maybe a little color on the base with the building. they need to stop dictating how these will be displayed. ive been seeing pictures of the new joker pf displayed on collectors shelves and he looks ridiculous with half his face charred under normal lighting next to statues that are painted normally
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:48 PM   #217
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think the sculpt on this is really good, the paint is where they lose me with that glow effect. i dont care for the ex but the CE would have been perfect if they kept the color pallete to greys and blacks maybe a little color on the base with the building. they need to stop dictating how these will be displayed. ive been seeing pictures of the new joker pf displayed on collectors shelves and he looks ridiculous with half his face charred under normal lighting next to statues that are painted normally
Totally agree this piece would have been way better with a grey/black colour scheme. But I'm willing to look past it to finally have a Spider-man Noir. Even with the popularity of Across The Spider-Verse this has not sold out 400 exclusives. I think that speaks to how niche this character is, and I'm not sure if I'll ever see another of this quality.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:50 PM   #218
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
... how niche this character is, and I'm not sure if I'll ever see another of this quality.
This is what inevitably sold me. It has been low stock for a while and I don't see this being made again, possibly ever. It's not perfect but at least the $70.00 deposit gives people a few months to think about it instead of losing out.
Old 08-04-2023, 09:08 PM   #219
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Totally agree this piece would have been way better with a grey/black colour scheme. But I'm willing to look past it to finally have a Spider-man Noir. Even with the popularity of Across The Spider-Verse this has not sold out 400 exclusives. I think that speaks to how niche this character is, and I'm not sure if I'll ever see another of this quality.
True, the character will probably never be made again by SS at least, but considering how low the ES is and it not being sold out yet speaks more about how many hate that glow effect than the character imo. Most here would agree the sculpt is awesome. I'm going to take my chances and hope for a discount on the aftermarket. This isn't an EX or bust either.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 12:12 AM   #220
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't know if this helps, but this is he looks without all the fancy Sideshow studio lighting and effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Same.
That paint really ruins it for me.
Made me think of this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NotMyJobPossum_orig.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	164037  
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote