Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #211
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

I don't see this piece as too small but then again I don't own any SS dio's. I'd be very curious to see pictures of this piece along side Wolvie vs. Sabretooth or something else. The Croc is pretty big in this but maybe I've just been looking at DC sized stuff for too long,lol.
In 3 weeks I'll be freelance again and have already talked to SS. Hopefully doing some cool stuff for them this year

more pictures at
http://www.myspace.com/villafanestudios
Ray Villafane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #212
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Cannot wait to see you back again on 1/4 scale stuff.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #213
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Ray you really need to sort your avatar. LOL.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #214
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Villafane View Post
I don't see this piece as too small but then again I don't own any SS dio's. I'd be very curious to see pictures of this piece along side Wolvie vs. Sabretooth or something else. The Croc is pretty big in this but maybe I've just been looking at DC sized stuff for too long,lol.
In 3 weeks I'll be freelance again and have already talked to SS. Hopefully doing some cool stuff for them this year
fantastic work Ray, one of your best sculpts I think! When I get the dio ill post pics of it next to the wolverine vs sabretooth from sideshow, it'll be a bit before the bats/croc dio arrives though
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #215
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
yeah bowen is usually 1/6, the earlier ss dios are the same size (talking character only) or a little smaller so as Bulls said, they are likely 1/7 scale (or at least they were) these days they are the same as DC so i'd say 1/9 scale (actually I think the superman and wonder woman on my ww vs superman dc dio are actually bigger then the punisher and daredevil on that ss dio) I really hope SS starts making big dios again, I have my fingers crossed that the iron man vs namor dio will be 1/7th
Yeah that sounds about right. For some reason I was thinking BD was 1/8 to 1/9 scale and was basing my scale comparisons off that.

From what I've heard the Namor Vs IM is a return to form for the SS dios as far as scale is concerned. From those that saw it in person on display next to the Psylocke Vs Spiral and DD Vs Punisher dios it was apparently quite noticeably larger.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #216
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah that sounds about right. For some reason I was thinking BD was 1/8 to 1/9 scale and was basing my scale comparisons off that.

From what I've heard the Namor Vs IM is a return to form for the SS dios as far as scale is concerned. From those that saw it in person on display next to the Psylocke Vs Spiral and DD Vs Punisher dios it was apparently quite noticeably larger.
I really hope so!! from the pics I saw it does look bigger then the psylocke vs spiral and dd vs punisher which were both very small for SS dio standards. Can't wait to get it!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #217
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'm not getting all this talk about Sideshow having large dios. Maybe they did in the past, but if you look at the dimensions of their current stuff...

If you want to look at a Sideshow dio in a similar price range, check out the Slave Leia Vs. Jabba dio and take a look at those specs, then tell me how much better of a deal Sideshow is over DCD...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #218
doc6731
Kindly Asked To Leave

i dont think thee dios are too small. there the one line from dc that ive been really happy with. except that i hope we get some new characters. keep up the good work
doc6731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #219
doc6731
Kindly Asked To Leave

as far as comparing them to sideshow dios. it would depend on which dios. the sideshow dioramas is the incredible shrinking line. so if you compare it to wolverine v sabretooth or hulk v siderman they are bigger. but if you compare them too punisher v daredevil or spiral v pyslocke than there either the same size of this one might be bigger
doc6731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #220
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Villafane View Post
Gah! I wouldve loved to have seen you continue doing DC pieces! Hopefully freelance means you can do both SS & DC simultaneously
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote