Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #2191
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Archangel. Do it.

It would be very hard to pass up an Archangel in that pose.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #2192
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
It would be very hard to pass up an Archangel in that pose.
Open wings baby! All or nothing, no prisoners!!!!
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #2193
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I want the wings wide open, unless its an action pose where he is shooting his metal feathers out. I wonder if it will be the big thing to show at SDCC?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #2194
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Open wings baby! All or nothing, no prisoners!!!!
I'll take that one too...as the EX!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #2195
captoz
Nightwing

The reality is that, with XM’s Iceman coming out, there are now 3 core X-Men still missing in 1:4 format:

Beast
Angel/Archangel
Nightcrawler

Kitty is arguably a fourth, but for those lucky enough to have the Juggernaut Ex, she has been represented.

I still don’t understand why it is taking suppliers like SS so long to get to these 3 key characters. I would buy them all and would have thought plenty of others would also.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #2196
captoz
Nightwing

The reality is that, with XM’s Iceman coming out, there are now 3 core X-Men still missing in 1:4 format:

Beast
Angel/Archangel
Nightcrawler

Kitty is arguably a fourth, but for those lucky enough to have the Juggernaut Ex, she has been represented.

I still don’t understand why it is taking suppliers like SS so long to get to these 3 key characters. I would buy them all and would have thought plenty of others would also.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #2197
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post

Beast
Angel/Archangel
Nightcrawler

I'm sure its multiple factors

1. Licensing
2. Marvel approval
3. SS work load
4. Market, how many X-men characters can the market take without saturating it?

Of the recent releases which is about 13, most are still in stock, only 5 of those have the EX sold out. The odd one being cable that has EX, but sold out on regular. Only Psylocke has both versions sold out

The others may sell out, or would further add to stock of x-men characters?

I agree the characters should be made, but maybe they want to space out releases, to get rid of some of the others. But i know for us who've been collecting a while how much more patience do we need to have?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #2198
Peedi
The Secret Six

Although Nightcrawler is a more essential X-Man he wasn’t on the Jim Lee team most are familiar with.

For that matter although I want a Nightcrawler I think Bishop is necessary for the 90s line up. Gold Team won’t be complete without him. Just like Blue won’t be complete without Jubilee, the difference being only those of us who grew up with the 90s cartoon care about Jubilee since she was a main character there.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #2199
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I'll take that one too...as the EX!
Whole set of open wings as Ex? You crazy! Hahahah

So crazy, it just might work!
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #2200
COI

I have a theory about character selection that I obviously can't prove, so this is all just speculation. I suspect this specifically with Hot Toys and Sideshow.

I think leaving out certain key, no-brainer characters for a long time, while repeating others multiple times is a deliberate long-term strategy because it keeps collectors on the hook. For example, if the first 7 DC pieces to come out where the core 7 JLA members that everyone wants, and if they all fit perfectly with each other in one go, many collectors would have just ordered the 7 and called it a day. By spacing it out and leaving gaps for years, you keep people on the hook. In the case of Hot Toys, there are classic characters they know everyone wants, so why visit them now when there's a hot property to push that might not be so hot 10 years from now? Those characters will always make money whenever they're released, so it costs nothing to hold them back.

You gotta keep people coming back. So I think these omissions are far more than just obvious blunders.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote