Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #2191
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
As Always......ScifiGenre.com, Completely Useless & Worthless!
Literally the Worst Online Site there is!
I've ordered from them Three Times now and EVERYTIME they Canceled my order.
I know I read a few people in this Thread ordered Baby Doll from them.
Did yours get canceled too??

Hello,

The item you have ordered (Sucker Punch: Baby Doll Statue)
is out of production, and we have not been able to get it
in stock. We are canceling all orders for the item at this
time. If you have submitted payment,
you will receive an immediate refund.

Thank you for your understanding,

ScifiGenre.com
Scum. 1st store be blacklisted for all future orders
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #2192
Tabbykitty
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Iceprince...I haven't heard of anyone getting charged yet from BBTS, and I've been haunting every thread I can find for info It probably takes a week-two weeks for the distributors to get theirs from GG, so we may have another week of pins and needles until we find out for one way or another on the BBTS orders.
Tabbykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #2193
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Mine arrived form GG today even thow the usps tracking they emailed says it hasn't even been picked up from them yet!

But wow,what a beautiful statue.The packaging and box are very good so breakages/problems will be few and far between unlike sideshow products.

If you get one you wont be disappointed
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #2194
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Getting the exclusive Baby Doll would be a good reason to become a member of the GG club. However, if acquiring the statue is hit or miss then maybe not. Do you know if GG at least warns people of the day when exclusives will go up?
Yes they always do but the notification can come at any time and its not an early notice "day of" notification but an "it's up now" notification. Hence my comment "being in the right place at the right time." Its possible they've changed something from how it has been executed in the past as its been a while since they've offered something this limited and popular. The company has gone through a lot of changes in the last few years, mostly for the better, so who knows maybe they'll handle it differently. We'll see I guess, but be prepared for an email to go out, immediately followed by an instant sell-out and tons of crying fans.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #2195
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbykitty View Post
Iceprince...I haven't heard of anyone getting charged yet from BBTS, and I've been haunting every thread I can find for info It probably takes a week-two weeks for the distributors to get theirs from GG, so we may have another week of pins and needles until we find out for one way or another on the BBTS orders.
I pray we get ours... and for those who deserve them.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #2196
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Just got a reply from the shop i ordered it from to my question about wether they had it or not yet.
Reply is "no news from Gentle Giant. Baby Doll will probably arrive to Europe in September."
That leaves me a bit shocked. Any other European ordered the statue from some European site and got no news either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Bad luck! I pre-ordered mine from Razors Edge, however, since doing so, I no longer want any part of the franchise. If you wish, you may have my order! Send me a PM if you are intrested and we can work out the details.
If Loki doesn't take the offer, would it be open to folks on the other side of the ocean?
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #2197
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yes they always do but the notification can come at any time and its not an early notice "day of" notification but an "it's up now" notification. Hence my comment "being in the right place at the right time." Its possible they've changed something from how it has been executed in the past as its been a while since they've offered something this limited and popular. The company has gone through a lot of changes in the last few years, mostly for the better, so who knows maybe they'll handle it differently. We'll see I guess, but be prepared for an email to go out, immediately followed by an instant sell-out and tons of crying fans.
This is why I don't rely on the emails and check the site at least twice a day.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #2198
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
This is why I don't rely on the emails and check the site at least twice a day.
Me too. Thing is, even that might not be enough. In this case demand exceeds supply so greatly that these will be gone in the blink of an eye as soon as they go up. Its definitely not worth paying the PGM fees just to be able to order the variant as getting this from GG direct is akin to winning the lottery. If the variant is something you really want you'd have a better chance of securing one of the 400 being offered through Japanese dealers. Though this late in the game I'd assume those are all locked up by now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #2199
Vallos
Jubilee

Paying the hefty price in buying from Japan, is what steered me from getting the variant. It was never a must have for me as I'm more than happy owning the original. All things being equal, the variant is not more rare or special than the original. That being said, I will try to obtain one, just without the stress in getting it, not to mention the financial hit the variant is proving to be. If I get lucky by getting it through GG, then I'm a happy camper! If not, I'm still a happy camper!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #2200
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Another Completely Useless site.......

Dear J,

Your pre-order for Sucker Punch Baby Doll Statue (NOV101540), which was scheduled to be released on 2011-12-28, has been cancelled. The release of this item has been cancelled by our supplier, and we are unable to obtain it at this time. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

You can check your account status at any time by going to: http://www.tfaw.com/

Thank you for shopping with Things From Another World!
--TFAW Online

Web: http:\/\/www.tfaw.com/
Email: service@tfaw.com
Toll free: 1-800-862-0052
Toll call: 503-652-9701
Fax: 503-653-2473

=
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote