Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #221
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's an 30mm x 30mm box frame with 100mm black border and then a gold border on the inside. He actually made the frame slightly larger than the Captain America one. Now I don't know whether to bring the CA one back and have it reframed to match. I'm kinda anal when it comes to matching stuff up. Maybe it would BR just cheaper not to have them on the same wall LOL.
I have a feeling I might feel the same . . . If I ever got anything framed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
Struzan GiD The Thing. 81/150, sorry for the crappy pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Damn that Struzan Thing looks amazing framed up, congrats.

The Struzan print does look awesome framed up. Congrats Joerock . . . And that's all I'm going to say about it

The JC Mars print looks great too Spideristic.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #222
Spideristic
Kingpin

Thanks guys. Cheers .
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #223
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticBlast View Post
Repost from the Mondo thread but it's nice to keep all the framed pieces together in one thread, thanks for starting it up Monster. Frankenstein by Drew Struzan, The Bride of Frankenstein by Martin Ansin, and Scott Pilgrim by Martin Ansin. I should have two more pieces framed by the end of the month.
Excellent examples on how framing and matting can really add to the overall artwork. I like The Bride with the textured matboard that looks like wrinkled dead skin. And the use of the suede mats. Frankenstein's frame looks old and used. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Did you design the framing or have it done?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #224
jedi_don

I just tried taking some photos and it just wasn't easy where the art and prints are located. Just too many reflections. I'm going to have to find a nice wall where I can bring over some lights and photography everything in one place. Here's one of my favorite. I scrapped the frame I had this an upgraded last year to nice wooden frame and matboards. Went with a suede dark red. Tried to get a classic tuxedo or marquee styling with this framing.

I'm going to try and do some better photos for a collection thread.

Adam Hughes Zatanna Print from SDCC

Old 09-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #225
jedi_don

Not a print, but an original painting from Jason Palmer.

Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet from Heroes.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #226
leplant
Deadman

[QUOTE=jedi_don;4403014]I just tried taking some photos and it just wasn't easy where the art and prints are located. Just too many reflections. I'm going to have to find a nice wall where I can bring over some lights and photography everything in one place. Here's one of my favorite. I scrapped the frame I had this an upgraded last year to nice wooden frame and matboards. Went with a suede dark red. Tried to get a classic tuxedo or marquee styling with this framing.

[/QUOTE

I would love to have some additional information about your Adam Hughes print. I have admired that piece of art for some time, but I was under the impression that it was only available as a small card. Could you tell me what size your print is, when you picked it up, and what the edition size is. Your information is greatly appreciated.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #227
jedi_don

[QUOTE=leplant;4403029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I just tried taking some photos and it just wasn't easy where the art and prints are located. Just too many reflections. I'm going to have to find a nice wall where I can bring over some lights and photography everything in one place. Here's one of my favorite. I scrapped the frame I had this an upgraded last year to nice wooden frame and matboards. Went with a suede dark red. Tried to get a classic tuxedo or marquee styling with this framing.

[/QUOTE

I would love to have some additional information about your Adam Hughes print. I have admired that piece of art for some time, but I was under the impression that it was only available as a small card. Could you tell me what size your print is, when you picked it up, and what the edition size is. Your information is greatly appreciated.
Size about 20.5x29 inches. Edition size is 100. Was sold as a SDCC exclusive. Don't remeber what year I bought it. Probably 2006.

The art was done for Catwoman Vol 3 #50
http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/art...er-50-91403854
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #228
leplant
Deadman

[QUOTE=jedi_don;4403040]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post

Size about 20.5x29 inches. Edition size is 100. Was sold as a SDCC exclusive. Don't remeber what year I bought it. Probably 2006.

The art was done for Catwoman Vol 3 #50
http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/art...er-50-91403854
What a beautiful piece, I will have to start looking on the secondary markets, and hoping. With an edition size that low, I will undoubtedly be writing a big check if I find one.

PS, if anyone has one that they want to sell, I am open to being taken advantage of.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #229
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I've a few of those AH prints which I never got around to to framing. Must see if there is a standard frame to suit them.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #230
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I've a few of those AH prints which I never got around to to framing. Must see if there is a standard frame to suit them.
A few? Next you're going to tell me that you have a few of the AH celebration Slave Leia prints I've been trying to get. Always been outbid on ebay onthat one.