Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #221
legato666
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damn, the bloody version already sold out...
I'm trying to get my hands on the "clean" version, this is the statue I have been waiting for, since the previous Armoured Berserk Statue is too small IMO.
legato666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #222
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

O man, I love the other Berserk Armor statue. It is a little small compared to other companies statues, but it's a great sculpt and pose plus it fits right in with all the other 1/10 scales. I'm keeping it even though I'm getting this one.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #223
legato666

Sure it is a great pose, I had been searching for about a month before I finally found it, but I was a little dissapointed when I held it in my hands the first time. (Note, I was in Japan at that time.) It seemed too expensive compared to the size and detail of the statue (especially the sword and cape) so I went and bought the cheaper, but better looking (IMO) Berserker statue.

I bought it for it's original price (Around 29.000 YEN)
instead of paying 50.000 yen for the armored berserk one. (double the "normal" pricing if you look at the Art Of War website)

This is the one I'm talking about:
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/...il.php?gid=158
Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #224
bruhaha69

I skipped on the Berserker armor Guts (croc and apostle versions). I don't really like it from what I've seen, but then again, I haven't seen it in person. He just looks a little strange to me. Do you have any pictures of yours that you can post up here? I've always been on the fence about eventually picking it up.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #225
legato666

Now that I think of it, are we even talking about the same statue?
The one I have in Mind (and have seen in Japan)
is the one with the Fire Dragon's head bonus.

I loved the pictures so I went looking for it in Japan (well I was in Japan anyway)

It's still a cool looking statue, just not worth 500+ dollars...

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/...il.php?gid=178

And I'll try to make some pics soon

[edit]

Ordered my BERSERK-commemoration statue of the 20th anniversary Exclusive ver.2 (Non-blood armor) =D
In 3 payments it'll be mine...
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #226
bruhaha69

OOOOOO, no, I was talking about this one:

I spent a little too much on it, actually (never go on ebay while drunk), but to me, it's still one of AoW's best.

I agree, this statue is WAY too small, even though the pose and scene they picked to sculpt is pretty awesome:

The one on the rock was actually one of the first statues I bought, so I didn't know what I was getting into. I spent around 500 on it and when it got here, I was SHOCKED at how tiny it was, haha. Well, you live and learn. Definitely not worth the price. I would LOVE to get my hands on the much larger headlong kit:

Old 07-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #227
legato666

But that is why I searched for around a month, the pictures you see on the internet are awesome, but you can't see how small it actually is... (the one on the rock)

If you like the other armoured Berserk statue, you'll like this one too.
The cape is made with the same detail (More actually, if you look closely to it you can see the helmet coming up, this one is just before Guts loses his mind)

I did see the kit version on ebay once, it sold for 900 dollar or something like that, it was pre-painted, wich didn't look bad, but I would have liked it some other way

Some pictures of my statues:
http://img73.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1000829z.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1000835.jpg

Hmm the direct links of the pics don't seen to work, but the 2 galleries above should work.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #228
bruhaha69

Cool, thanks for the shots. Nice snake in there, too.

I dunno....something about the way he's posed in this one I don't really like. His front facing shoulder looks weird and he looks even beefier than Guts normally looks.....actually, he was looking a bit skinnier during that part of the manga, if I remember correctly. I still might pick it up sometime down the road. I'm betting it looks much better in person.

I wish AoW could get Guts' face right, too. They've had enough practice, they should be experts by now.

Wow, Suntory Pure Malt Whiskey. I thought I'd only see that in the Yakuza games, haha. Is it any good?-
Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #229
zelo32
Doh!

that statue looks nothing like guts. its stupid to spend money on a statue that doesnt resemble the char at all.
zelo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #230
legato666

I took some more shots. (well, I just uploaded some more =p)
http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1000831g.jpg
This one you won't find on AOW =p

He really looks beefy, but it shows his speed and strength necessary to swing that big sword of his around, so I think it looks really good.

This is actually my first Berserk statue.
I had seen many pictures online, but from the statues I had seen in Japan, this was my favourite.

And of course the many Zodd statues (ZODD III wow) and Skull Knights A have seen, but those were too expensive for me at that time.

The Yamazaki Single Malt whisky is really good especially the 18 year one, but it's hard to find since most liquor stores in Japan mostly sell cheaper whisky. I had to buy it at Narita Airport on my way back.
I think they also sell it in the USA, but probably at a high price.

Suntory is the largest producer of whisky WORLDWIDE btw.