Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #221
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Guys I don't see why you are all so sad? This is actually great news in my book because it will give XM more thought to characters non-mutant related. I can think of a whole many a Marvel characters that are way more interesting than the dull X-Men (I am sad I won't see Colossus for a long time if ever though ). Moon Knight, Kang the Conqueror, Krang, Tiger Shark, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan, Annhilius, Quasar, Tigra, Hercules, Ares, Athena, Zeus, Odin, Loki, Hela, Her, Thena, Ikaris, Squadron Supreme (Hyperion at least), Abomination (there you go XM Hulk has lots of cool villains), The Leader, Gray Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, the list goes on and on and on and on and......oh you get what I'm saying peeps. Move on and wipe the X-men from your minds.

Besides guys....we got a buttload of great Spidey stuff coming. The Spidey villains and Black Cat alone are worth a whole two years of product by themselves. Relax...and enjoy what's to come...hopefully.
Good points. To be honest, I don't think I ever would have decided to get Black Bolt and Medusa if the X-men dio was cancelled back then. I like being open to other options at this point, especially from a quality company.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #222
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Guys I don't see why you are all so sad? This is actually great news in my book because it will give XM more thought to characters non-mutant related. I can think of a whole many a Marvel characters that are way more interesting than the dull X-Men (I am sad I won't see Colossus for a long time if ever though ). Moon Knight, Kang the Conqueror, Krang, Tiger Shark, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan, Annhilius, Quasar, Tigra, Hercules, Ares, Athena, Zeus, Odin, Loki, Hela, Her, Thena, Ikaris, Squadron Supreme (Hyperion at least), Abomination (there you go XM Hulk has lots of cool villains), The Leader, Gray Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, the list goes on and on and on and on and......oh you get what I'm saying peeps. Move on and wipe the X-men from your minds.

Besides guys....we got a buttload of great Spidey stuff coming. The Spidey villains and Black Cat alone are worth a whole two years of product by themselves. Relax...and enjoy what's to come...hopefully.
Too soon, Loric. Too soon.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #223
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's just the flip of the coin, Loric.
People may be interested in X Men and not the ones you mentioned, as much as you may be interested in the ones you mentioned and not in the X Men. It's down to personal choice.
I know I wouldn't drop my cash on 99,9% of what you put in your wish list, but I would have picked up Cable in a heartbeat.

Also, I wasn't planning to buy the Diorama, but that was an incredible piece of art, design, creativity and engineering. It's too bad to see it canned, regardless of personal interests. I can hardly see an Avengers or F4 diorama being as interesting as X Men vs Sentinels honestly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #224
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Hey Gomur, I'm just trying to be a soothsayer a little. Honestly, I enjoy the X-Men as much as the next (Colossus is my third all time favorite comic character behind Thor and Superman) and I love Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Havok, Rogue, Beast, Forge and all the rest.....but this just opens the door for other characters that have not gotten just visibility to finally be done in statue form.

Long live X-men. It's all about the Asgardians, Olympians, Eternals, Inhumans, and Atlanteans now. Not to mention other cosmic characters.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #225
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Hey Gomur, I'm just trying to be a soothsayer a little. Honestly, I enjoy the X-Men as much as the next (Colossus is my third all time favorite comic character behind Thor and Superman) and I love Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Havok, Rogue, Beast, Forge and all the rest.....but this just opens the door for other characters that have not gotten just visibility to finally be done in statue form.

Long live X-men. It's all about the Asgardians, Olympians, Eternals, Inhumans, and Atlanteans now. Not to mention other cosmic characters.
This!
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #226
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Thanks a lot Bryan, you're the man!

Regarding the X Men embargo... damn. I might be rushed by the bad news but I'm seriously hoping Disney offers some sort of compensation. A s--t ton of work (and cash, undoubtly) went into those designs and protos. Now it's all going in the trash.
I'm with you on that,that is terrible on disneys part,they own marvel,that includes ff and x-men!i hope they change ,it can't be all about avengers...anyway on the coin issue I agree with Bryan ,good idea!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #227
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I have said this before, but before the flame war on the House of Mouse starts keep in mind that XM has been nothing but respectful. Now I know they need to, but I would suggest that people here keep in mind that as their fans you don't want to make it harder for XM to do business with Disney by slagging the license holder. I get your are upset, and that you are angry, but you could hurt XM by hacking off the guy who approves their material, and if he/she does their due diligents they will be aware of this community because if you Google XM this is the third or fourth link from the top. Fans can hurt the companies they love so I would keep it from going to far down the rabbit hole.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #228
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Agree!...but still not nice on disneys part...to cancel the ff comic?..that is bad..
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #229
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Hmm fan contests for any of these...

Punisher
Gamora
Gladiator
Lady Sif
Moon Knight
Namor
Vision

would be BOOM! mind blown lol
I just read a Q&A James Gunn did back in January. He was asked point blank if he would be interested in using Gladiator specifically in Guardians 2. He said he would love to, but Marvel does not own the rights to him.

Sounds like we'll not get Kallark either.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #230
AC_808
Hercules

So anything Shi'ar related like Gladiator is X-Men territory? Damn, that sucks too!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote