Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-04-2023, 01:49 PM   #221
KiDDo
Justice League

Angry

When did they aquire the 1/3 MCU/Marvel license in the first place???

Anyway, if this is gonna be 1/3 only that would be such a bummer. I basically ordered Black Widow to start a 1/4 MCU (female) setup because they were talking about the possibilities of doing a lot more characters in the future (Captain Marvel, Gamora, Hela, Thor, Dr. Strange...)
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 01:50 PM   #222
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
A first day PO for me when the 1/3 scale Scarlett Witch is released
Are you privy to the images of the new, final prototype - or just expressing your love for the character?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 02:50 PM   #223
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
When did they aquire the 1/3 MCU/Marvel license in the first place???

Anyway, if this is gonna be 1/3 only that would be such a bummer. I basically ordered Black Widow to start a 1/4 MCU (female) setup because they were talking about the possibilities of doing a lot more characters in the future (Captain Marvel, Gamora, Hela, Thor, Dr. Strange...)
Hopefully they decide to make them all in 1/3.

John also said that they choose to up the scale to 1/3 to make it easier to achieve a better likeness.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 04:17 AM   #224
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
John also said that they choose to up the scale to 1/3 to make it easier to achieve a better likeness.
I assume almost all their sculptors are working digitally, so I don't understand the impediment when the program can scale up (or down) anything they create.
You can capture finer detail in the eventual casting at a larger scale, but fine detail doesn't determine likeness so much as basic forms and shape/feature relationships do.

It sounds like they want to compete more directly with JND as far as supplying hyper realism.
Which would be ironic since I already think they trump JND in at least one area- mixed media hair. And that's even at 1/6 scale!
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 04:42 AM   #225
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Does this mean there's a possibility of black widow in 1/3?

I don't totally dismiss what they said about the advantages of 1/3. Yes, you can get a great likeness at 1/6, but they aren't doing silicone on smaller than 1/3 so for them the realism will take a step up. Obviously so will the price though, which is an interesting decision at this time. We have P1 releasing a lot in 1/4 or smaller, but I guess legendary beast are also doing 1/3, albeit at smaller edition sizes
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:43 AM   #226
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I assume almost all their sculptors are working digitally, so I don't understand the impediment when the program can scale up (or down) anything they create.
You can capture finer detail in the eventual casting at a larger scale, but fine detail doesn't determine likeness so much as basic forms and shape/feature relationships do.
Yes, I'm still amazed about the likenesses on the two 1:4 pieces from them that I own, Ledger Joker and Winter Soldier Cap (whose small footprint I also adore), so size is definitely not an impediment.

I guess it's a different thing if, like pdenham also said, they're keen on using silicone, but I'll be sad to see them go that route only, if that ever happens.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 06:20 PM   #227
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Since it seems like Queen has abandoned this line, glad I was able to secure the 1/4 Iron Studios Scarlet Witch.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:54 AM   #228
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Since it seems like Queen has abandoned this line, glad I was able to secure the 1/4 Iron Studios Scarlet Witch.
The 1/4 QS Wanda was so promising, even without the face tweek.

Its a shame that they wont release it!

looks like generaly QS is slowly working right now, they promise tons of new projects then vanished. once in a few month they release a new statue...

They dont even have a road map for future plans anymore.
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:59 AM   #229
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
The 1/4 QS Wanda was so promising, even without the face tweek.

Its a shame that they wont release it!

looks like generaly QS is slowly working right now, they promise tons of new projects then vanished. once in a few month they release a new statue...

They dont even have a road map for future plans anymore.
Yes, and a major problem for me is lack of communication. Whatever happened to their 1/2 scale Wonder Woman? Their life size Joker bust? The Batman statue people voted on the poses? Etc. etc.

Real turnoff when companies don’t keep their customers in the loop.

I’m starting to think Silas Loki (where are you by the way?) was right, a lot of these companies are going to shift to 1/6 figures. Like QS, InArt line for example.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #230
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Yes, and a major problem for me is lack of communication. Whatever happened to their 1/2 scale Wonder Woman? Their life size Joker bust? The Batman statue people voted on the poses? Etc. etc.

Real turnoff when companies don?t keep their customers in the loop.

I?m starting to think Silas Loki (where are you by the way?) was right, a lot of these companies are going to shift to 1/6 figures. Like QS, InArt line for example.
I think the downturn of the economy is the reason for this. They've spend lots of money developing the prototypes, and I'm sure they want to release them. But why release these expensive items when only a few would actually order them due to the current state of things? Even JND isn't "selling out" nowadays.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote