Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #221
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

HHH is already trying to plant the seed for the rematch next year. I hope they go in a different direction.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #222
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
HHH is already trying to plant the seed for the rematch next year. I hope they go in a different direction.
Thats what I got from the Stone Cold/Triple H moment on Raw...it definitely sounded like they were going rematch...Cena vs Rock at WM 28 in Miami...the Rocks hometown...Miz vs Stone Cold Austin...might be alright
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #223
rychehitman
Galactus

Start buying all the WWE stock that you can! It's about to skyrocket!
Quote:
The New WWE Expands Beyond Wrestling, New Marketing Plan Revealed

It was reported last week that WWE dropped World Wrestling Entertainment as their name in an attempt to move past the boundaries of being labeled a professional wrestling (a term which has also been dropped) organization.

They issued a press release this morning, outlining their future plans and revealing a new marketing tagline. They also acknowledge Triple H's new corporate role:

The New WWE® Expands Beyond Wrestling

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company”

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.

rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #224
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Anyone catch Tough Enough with Stone Cold? It's a pretty good show. Click here to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCBn3...eature=related
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #225
rychehitman
Galactus

I liked Tough Enough a lot more than I thought I would...although it's fairly obvious that Miss USA is going to get a contract...It's not so obvious who will win. That chick with 11 years experience needs to go. I am rooting for the guy with the afro! Can't believe the Miz called him Buckwheat on RAW, lol!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #226
rychehitman
Galactus

Good Lord this footage is disturbing....

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/Scot...rom_a_Fan.html
Old 04-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #227
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Good Lord this footage is disturbing....

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/Scot...rom_a_Fan.html
In all honesty with all the numerous deaths in pro-wrestling I'm actually very surprised that Scott Hall and Jake Roberts are still alive.
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #228
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I started to watch it, but cut it off. It's sad. I was a huge Hall mark back in the day. Great look, solid in ring worker, charisma, tons of potential....He's had that monkey on his back for ages. It's going to kill him soon.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #229
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That was completely bad show n poor taste for any1 including Hall to go out in front of that crowd and try to perform...management should have saved him from himself...the sad thing to me is that all involved with the promotion saw his obvious condition and still let him TRY to put on the show...the show must go on...but damn not like this!
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #230
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

whats sad about this is that he probably did it so that he could get paid for the night.Alot of these old school wrestlers have to go on cause if not they cant even eat for that night.And with all the issues Hall has been through,hes more then likely spent every dime he has.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote