Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #221
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I act as middle man and I ship stuff all over the world for members. Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I wouldn't mind helping you out Kyle, but I think sending it will basically be the same if not more than if you just got it by you. (if I could get my hands on one to begin with)

Like you said, they should have just made up sales with software. Especially with Infamous and MLB the Show coming out...they could have made some $$$ back with those Exclusives alone.
Thanks for the offers guys. It'll likely be pointless after shipping anyway...just frustrating on Sony's part
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #222
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I wouldn't mind helping you out Kyle, but I think sending it will basically be the same if not more than if you just got it by you. (if I could get my hands on one to begin with)

Like you said, they should have just made up sales with software. Especially with Infamous and MLB the Show coming out...they could have made some $$$ back with those Exclusives alone.
They are back in stock at Amazon.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #223
Frankierock
Inhumans

OK....

I Was at Best Buy today and they had some PS4 systems in stock, not many....But I grabbed one. I also grabbed Tomb Raider since it was on sale.

My Thoughts to True gamers...Granted the game looks awesome, but IMO unless you have both Running next to one another, you are not missing much. Yes some texture and lighting efffects look great, but I did not feel the "Next Gen level" I thought I would. I really thought I'd feel more WOWED!...and after todays PS4 update, the game seemed to get darker since they added some Shadow effects. There were a few cool Aspects to the PS4 I did like during the game. Example..When Lara is called on the Radio, it comes through the Controller (and is almost silent on the TV), which was kinda cool, as it felt more like a real walkie talkie.
But overall after playing both the 360 and the PS4, there was no Oh my Gosh moment.

Now Maybe (and Hopefully) when I grab Infamous this week I feel like the Jump was worth it. My Advise to guys on the Fence like I was...Relax...Next Gen is not all that ...YET. I may change my mind like I said later on. But if you are not going to buy a game that was made for the Next Gen only like Infamous...Then WAIT until you want one.

Things I did like, System is Super Silent and even smaller then the PS3..Touch pad and light on the Controller I could do without...But that said I'd much rather have that then the DumbA$$ Kinect that MS gives you.

I will give you guys another Update once the real test comes this week...Infamous.
Lets see If next Gen is all that.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #224
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
OK....

I Was at Best Buy today and they had some PS4 systems in stock, not many....But I grabbed one. I also grabbed Tomb Raider since it was on sale.

My Thoughts to True gamers...Granted the game looks awesome, but IMO unless you have both Running next to one another, you are not missing much. Yes some texture and lighting efffects look great, but I did not feel the "Next Gen level" I thought I would. I really thought I'd feel more WOWED!...and after todays PS4 update, the game seemed to get darker since they added some Shadow effects. There were a few cool Aspects to the PS4 I did like during the game. Example..When Lara is called on the Radio, it comes through the Controller (and is almost silent on the TV), which was kinda cool, as it felt more like a real walkie talkie.
But overall after playing both the 360 and the PS4, there was no Oh my Gosh moment.

Now Maybe (and Hopefully) when I grab Infamous this week I feel like the Jump was worth it. My Advise to guys on the Fence like I was...Relax...Next Gen is not all that ...YET. I may change my mind like I said later on. But if you are not going to buy a game that was made for the Next Gen only like Infamous...Then WAIT until you want one.

Things I did like, System is Super Silent and even smaller then the PS3..Touch pad and light on the Controller I could do without...But that said I'd much rather have that then the DumbA$$ Kinect that MS gives you.

I will give you guys another Update once the real test comes this week...Infamous.
Lets see If next Gen is all that.
As you say..wait until you play an actual next gen title. TR was a cheap cash in of a last gen game.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #225
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
As you say..wait until you play an actual next gen title. TR was a cheap cash in of a last gen game.
Agreed...
That's why my final verdict is not until this weekend..for the overall System...
but if you are getting a PS4 or Xbox 1 just for games like TR, Call of Duty, Battlefield...Etc
IMO it's not worth it. You NEED a Next Gen only title to Justify the purchase.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #226
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Agreed...
That's why my final verdict is not until this weekend..for the overall System...
but if you are getting a PS4 or Xbox 1 just for games like TR, Call of Duty, Battlefield...Etc
IMO it's not worth it. You NEED a Next Gen only title to Justify the purchase.
Battlefield could've been a great next gen title but they had to screw that up. Just having 64 player lobbies makes it a big step up from last gen. I do think Infamous will be a killer PS4 exclusive and the game I'm looking forward to the most ATM. Proper next gen title and first party so it should be a beauty.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #227
Vracula
Jedi Order

I have decided to upgrade for Arkham Knight,You know that game is gonna kick AZZ,plus the order 1886 will be out as well.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #228
PureInvasion

anyone pick up inFamous?

I've been watching a few quick looks of it and the game looks really great (graphics wise...truly "next gen").

I've never been a fan of the series though and this one doesn't look like it'll change my opinion. Too much repetition in it and fairly generic gameplay (despite the powers)
Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #229
PureInvasion

FINALLY back in stock at Amazon.ca

Placed my order for one (despite my hate of the $50 price increase).

Now I can finally play the Injustice copy I've had sitting around for a month (that I got for free) and am ready for FFXIV in 2 weeks
Old 03-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #230
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
anyone pick up inFamous?

I've been watching a few quick looks of it and the game looks really great (graphics wise...truly "next gen").

I've never been a fan of the series though and this one doesn't look like it'll change my opinion. Too much repetition in it and fairly generic gameplay (despite the powers)
I got inFamous day one.... have yet to open it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote