Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #221
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

She's beautiful. I think the tranny face gang is nuts. Loving how every new sideshow female portrait has its own distinctive look. They finally don't look like the same cut and paste cartoon character.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #222
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Unless the base is hideous, it's Rogue and Betsy for me. She's gorge. Love the portrait, love the bod, and the pose.
Same here, i'm still up in the air on mystique, same with x23 which looks promising though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I just need to know if this is Regular or EX we're seeing.
Regular, i think the EX is the energy sword.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #223
built2shred
Phoenix

Whoever is sculpting these faces for the female X-Men really likes hard features but it does make them look tougher... You just don't get that soft feminine look I think most collectors are used to...

The base will be the deciding factor for me, if it's cheap looking like Emma's it will be a pass...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #224
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't get all the hate for the portrait. Then again the last Psylocke had a similar reaction as I recall. Did I mention this ones design looks a lot like that one?
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:29 PM   #225
demonhunter
Kingpin

The Wikipedia entry says that Psylocke or Betsy's mind was transferred into Kwannon's body. But what really happened was that Spiral transferred both Betsy and Kwannon's mind into each others bodies. In doing so, she melded both together. She also merged their genetic structures, leaving both women with physical and mental traits of the other, and with each possessing half of Psylocke's telepathic power.

So, if we're going by this, it wouldn't be far off that Psylocke looks more Eurasian than purely Asian. Because Spiral melded the genetics of both. Although most of the comic appearances I read drawn by Jim Lee, Mark Brooks, and Jerome Opena featured Psylocke with very Asian features and not Eurasian.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #226
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
The Wikipedia entry says that Psylocke or Betsy's mind was transferred into Kwannon's body. But what really happened was that Spiral transferred both Betsy and Kwannon's mind into each others bodies. In doing so, she melded both together. She also merged their genetic structures, leaving both women with physical and mental traits of the other, and with each possessing half of Psylocke's telepathic power.

So, if we're going by this, it wouldn't be far off that Psylocke looks more Eurasian than purely Asian. Because Spiral melded the genetics of both. Although most of the comic appearances I read drawn by Jim Lee, Mark Brooks, and Jerome Opena featured Psylocke with very Asian features and not Eurasian.
Yup. And since that happened, she seemed to be a lot more stoic and serious in how she held her self. Hence the expression on the face of this statue. Psylocke has never been the smiley type since this happened.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #227
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I personally think this is going to be one amazing line up.

SS Rogue and XM Storm looks soo good together. But I am planning to display SS Rogue with his husband XM Gambit.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #228
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
She's beautiful. I think the tranny face gang is nuts. Loving how every new sideshow female portrait has its own distinctive look. They finally don't look like the same cut and paste cartoon character.
Yes, they don't all look the same. Which is good. Although some faces are not to my personal preferences, but it really makes them look different from each other.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #229
demonhunter
Kingpin

I'm surprised nobody tried to photoshop and shorten her neck yet. Some women do have longer necks. Like Audrey Hepburn.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 PM   #230
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I think its safe to say mystique is gonna be last lol.
I think its going to be (well for me)

Rogue
Emma
Psylocke=Mystique
X-23

in terms of attractiveness. Too soon to tell but from what I see, X-23 is competing for the last place.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote