Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-20-2022, 04:51 AM   #221
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Can someone create an image using production piece close ups on the face where the Infinity/JND/Queen are side by side.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:11 AM   #222
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
On par?
How about - Waaay better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Can someone create an image using production piece close ups on the face where the Infinity/JND/Queen are side by side.
#sigh

So, it seems we need to get into this again.....

You both have an axe to grind with JND, you're both entitled to your opinion. Nothing I could / would say would change that opinion, and nothing you state is going to change mine.

We are at fixed opposite ends of the subject. I stated my opinion, you've stated yours - do we need to drag out this pointless debate any further.

I'm spending my money, on my collection - as I'm assuming you are too. I neither need or want you're approval on my purchases, as I'm sure you don't need or want my approval of your purchases. If you think the Infinity is better than JND, then good for you. I'm not interested in your crusade against JND, I'm not interested in your opinions of their level of likeness to Anne Hathaway - in short, and as politely as i can write it, I dont care what you think about the piece - one way of the other.

So hopefully my long post can head this "discussion" off at the pass - and you can both continue to enjoy the Infinity piece.....as I will.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:21 AM   #223
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:45 AM   #224
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
#sigh

So, it seems we need to get into this again.....

You both have an axe to grind with JND, you're both entitled to your opinion. Nothing I could / would say would change that opinion, and nothing you state is going to change mine.

We are at fixed opposite ends of the subject. I stated my opinion, you've stated yours - do we need to drag out this pointless debate any further.

I'm spending my money, on my collection - as I'm assuming you are too. I neither need or want you're approval on my purchases, as I'm sure you don't need or want my approval of your purchases. If you think the Infinity is better than JND, then good for you. I'm not interested in your crusade against JND, I'm not interested in your opinions of their level of likeness to Anne Hathaway - in short, and as politely as i can write it, I dont care what you think about the piece - one way of the other.

So hopefully my long post can head this "discussion" off at the pass - and you can both continue to enjoy the Infinity piece.....as I will.
What's wrong with my post? I could very well be proven wrong in such a comparison pic.

Heck there are other arguments that can be made for and against either one on a personal preference basis. Like Infinity's has a larger canvas to get it right. JND's costs less. JND is a full bodied statue rather than something that's been cut in half. Like I mentioned these are still only studio/factory shots rather than real collector photos under normal conditions.

And if I truly had something against JND, would I have preordered their WW, which is now their most expensive piece yet.

Brand isn't everything. Be it JND, Queen or Infinity. Each will have their superior piece over the other.

Because I primarily collect MCU pieces, I have far more preorders with Queen, just because JND and Infinity don't have that license. So just because it seems I might favour Queen, I would never even try to say that the 1/3 scale Queen Batman piece that I have with its Joker companion piece, can even come close to JND's recently released Bale Batman.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:47 AM   #225
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
Thanks, but isn't that Queen's 1/6 scale? The 1/3 I believe has an unmasked production photo.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:58 AM   #226
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Thanks, but isn't that Queen's 1/6 scale? The 1/3 I believe has an unmasked production photo.
Sorry about that. Swapped 1/6 for 1/3. I think all three look fantastic, and the JND looks better in person.

Last edited by romakrelian; 12-20-2022 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added comment
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #227
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
Sorry about that. Swapped 1/6 for 1/3. I think all three look fantastic, and the JND looks better in person.

So everyone says. But that can apply to many pieces, especially silicone pieces, because of how the silicone catches the light (maybe even Infinity's will look even better in person too )

And thanks again.

Even though I rather have the bust that I preordered, that Queen piece is really given Infinity a run for its money.

But of course that particular Queen photo is more of an angled profile shot, which usually improves a pieces likeness.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #228
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

For me, all 3 pieces look great, I just think you get so much better value and WOW factor with the life size bust over the 1/3 scale piece, and they are almost the same price. Its bust for me all the way....
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:19 AM   #229
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
So everyone says.
So despite the fact that you've never seen the piece in person, and those that have, or own it, are telling you it's better when viewed directly, you still want to sit on your hard line stance that it isn't a very good likeness?.....sorry, but you're opinion is so close to worthless on this topic - it hurts.

That's the exact definition of an armchair critic. Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion, but maybe you should turn down the loud trumpeting until you've invested some effort to (at least) validate your position......just saying..
Old 12-20-2022, 09:25 AM   #230
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
For me, all 3 pieces look great, I just think you get so much better value and WOW factor with the life size bust over the 1/3 scale piece, and they are almost the same price. Its bust for me all the way....
I agree in terms of price and overall presence - a bust is gonna be hard to beat. That said, the Batpod piece - if executed well, is going to be an absolute show stopper.

The big issue with busts - is space, and location. It's hard enough to really do justice to a 1/4 or 1/3 - with most displays looking cluttered and "unprofessional" - I think it's even harder to tastefully display a bust. I imagine a bust is best placed in an area where you can really walk around it, and admire it from different angles.