Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-13-2024, 11:56 AM   #221
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
SS was quite well known for making prototypes that looked nice but they were never actually going to produce at that quality. They are better these days but only because they've been forced to by competition, they would do the same ---- if they could I have no doubt about it.

And yeah the P1 1/3 bust is leagues better, I have that and the BD bust. Still waiting on the big guy himself to show up though.

Fully agree. With many statues it was a large gamble.

Oh still waiting on the full 1:3 Hope it arrives soon, bcs that is a looong wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorwestcoast View Post
I pre ordered. I collect ALIEN pieces specifically the first 3 films that Giger was involved in. A species statue is definitely a Giger classic in statue collecting. Sideshow had their version years ago and it was a big deal at the time.
1/3 is also what I collect and the pice is nice. When the sculptor said it took a year to get the translucent panels right in her I went ahead and got her.
If pcs grow and does more classics we may get more from the 90s like Stargate horus anubus and Ra. Old license from sci fi films aren't expensive but are definitely cool af.
First pages there was mentioning KBros sculpted this Sil, but they prob did the overall design not the sculpting.

Bcs i just found a post by Amilcar Fong
"This is the Species movie Sil statue I sculpted for PCS collectibles. This was the last project I worked on while in the collectibles industrie"

I have not ordered yet. But strongly thinking about it, bcs this statue prob will never be made like this again.
Really liking the colors and semi translucent on head and main body. Only the base is a bit too much and i don't like the fact the squigly worms on upper arms and legs look bit toylike. But can be repainted if needed.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:31 PM   #222
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Bcs i just found a post by Amilcar Fong
"This is the Species movie Sil statue I sculpted for PCS collectibles. This was the last project I worked on while in the collectibles industrie"
Disappointing to hear that he's left the industry.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:42 PM   #223
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Disappointing to hear that he's left the industry.
Yeah, David Igo mentioned working with Amilcar several times during his recent stream with RaddTitan.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #224
Fiorwestcoast
Doh!

I dont mind the base since its her cocoon that she came out of. I just really really hate the human head. It should be a open mouth version I think. The natasha version doesn't make sense really. I would love the spiked tongue that bursts through that one dudes head.
Or even better the Giger Train from her nightmare as a side item would be awesome. There's so many option to do other than the natasha head.
Fiorwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:27 PM   #225
ukshaun
Hercules

Looking at Amilcar Fong's page on ArtStation, while he shows Sil, he does not show the switch-out human portrait. I wonder if someone else sculpted the human portrait?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:48 AM   #226
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Looking at Amilcar Fong's page on ArtStation, while he shows Sil, he does not show the switch-out human portrait. I wonder if someone else sculpted the human portrait?
There are only a couple of original PCS pics added, so bit uncertain. But i also like his rendered pictures below it.

imo the Sil statue would look very good in Faux Bronze too.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:43 AM   #227
Python
Omega Red

Not sure if I'll pre order or not, but I still hope to get this one. I've got my JH and Big chap in 1/3 now, she will fit in nicely. Maybe with the Endo skeleton. That will probably be me done with 1/3. Unless I find the Berserker Predator for a good price.... Which I likely won't.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 01:37 PM   #228
Fiorwestcoast
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Not sure if I'll pre order or not, but I still hope to get this one. I've got my JH and Big chap in 1/3 now, she will fit in nicely. Maybe with the Endo skeleton. That will probably be me done with 1/3. Unless I find the Berserker Predator for a good price.... Which I likely won't.
You say that now but p1 is definitely going to drop avp Aliens 1/3 probably at the showcase. I'm hoping Jnd can do a 1/3 Ripley
Fiorwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:20 PM   #229
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Has anyone PO'd?
I also Ordered, I purchased the P1 Dog, Warrior and Chap in 1:3?this will go nicely together.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 04:09 PM   #230
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorwestcoast View Post
You say that now but p1 is definitely going to drop avp Aliens 1/3 probably at the showcase. I'm hoping Jnd can do a 1/3 Ripley
I won't need them in 1/3, maybe if they start again in 1/4. Although I massively regret not getting the dog.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote