Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 06-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #231
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It will be my first time so at least i can cross it off my list and hopefully my jim cheung flash jam as well.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #232
dr_teng

It's a big pros/cons kinda thing. SDCC rules if you realize it's a popculture convention rather than a comics convention. Sure, there are a TON of amazing artists and a good comics section, but you can get similar experiences at more comics-oriented and far less stressful conventions.

But you really can't get the whole everything popculture (movies, games, tv, etc...), everything toys/statues, high-end promo stuff (like that fantastic looking Walking Dead experience, the Flynn Lives Tron arcade promo from before) at any other convention. Plus, San Diego is a fun city to visit.

It's a ton of hassle in terms of hotel/tickets, but I've had a really incredible time the last 2 years and I expect this year to be the best yet!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #233
Simon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I started going in 2008 and I love it. It's true, the con is a beast, and it certainly is not for everyone, even though there is something for everyone. It is an experience like no other. There are lot of pop culture elements sure, but the comic book stuff is still strong and there are opportunities to meet international creators for whom this is the only US show they attend. Also, last year and this year has seen a decline in the whole movie studio dominance of just a few years ago, I think.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #234
FROBAY
Phoenix

Had so much fun last year I didn't want to leave. This year I'm going for 7 days and take in some other things.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #235
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

12 more days...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #236
Level.2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I started going in 2008 and I love it. It's true, the con is a beast, and it certainly is not for everyone, even though there is something for everyone. It is an experience like no other. There are lot of pop culture elements sure, but the comic book stuff is still strong and there are opportunities to meet international creators for whom this is the only US show they attend. Also, last year and this year has seen a decline in the whole movie studio dominance of just a few years ago, I think.
The Hollywood presence is still strong there, it's why cc has become so popular...which could be seen as a good thing, or bad. IMO, I think the people who run the con have lost touch on how to run it.
Level.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #237
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

This will be first year. I'm pretty excited. Is it hard to get cabs from your hotel to the airport?
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #238
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Cabs are EASY to get from your hotel and from the convention center
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #239
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

9 days, holy hell.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #240
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

For the first time in 7 years, I will be missing SDCC. Have fun and do not forget to take pictures.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote