Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #231
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Reveal of the XM Planet Hulk 1/4 scale statue. A long awaited piece is finally here!

Availability: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, Hong Kong, Europe (via EU Master Distributor)."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #232
traind
Fantastic Four

The face looks very good. But the body..... the muscle definition doesn't even line up with the human body, lol.

"Let's create all new muscles, just like Hulk is an alien!" I know a lot of people like steroid and diuretic ripped bodybuilder Hulk but no thanks.

I didn't buy the recent Sideshow Gladiator Hulk but comparing this and that, wow, I find it hard to believe people think this is better. The face and switchouts are nice but the art and paint.... several steps behind.
traind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #233
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traind View Post
The face looks very good. But the body..... the muscle definition doesn't even line up with the human body, lol.

"Let's create all new muscles, just like Hulk is an alien!" I know a lot of people like steroid and diuretic ripped bodybuilder Hulk but no thanks.

I didn't buy the recent Sideshow Gladiator Hulk but comparing this and that, wow, I find it hard to believe people think this is better. The face and switchouts are nice but the art and paint.... several steps behind.
It'll be an interesting debate to have. I quite agree with your points, traind. The Sideshow piece has, in my opinion, the better pose, the better base and more realistic muscle proportions. The muscle definition is a little overdone here. The Sideshow piece is also huge - larger than this, if we go by pose alone. This XM piece is excellent, but I don't think it diminishes the value of the Sideshow piece in any way. That piece holds it own here and in some ways is superior.

This piece takes the edge in the portrait, and the paint application looks really good. From some angles, the pose also seems to work just well. I like that XM took artistic initiative and made the shield much smaller than the comics
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #234
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
It'll be an interesting debate to have. I quite agree with your points, traind. The Sideshow piece has, in my opinion, the better pose, the better base and more realistic muscle proportions. The muscle definition is a little overdone here. The Sideshow piece is also huge - larger than this, if we go by pose alone. This XM piece is excellent, but I don't think it diminishes the value of the Sideshow piece in any way. That piece holds it own here and in some ways is superior.

This piece takes the edge in the portrait, and the paint application looks really good. From some angles, the pose also seems to work just well. I like that XM took artistic initiative and made the shield much smaller than the comics
I don't like the over-the-top musculature of the XM Red Hulk, and this has some similarities. I prefer the chiseled build of the Transformation or SS Gladiator to XM Red Hulk and this one, but I'm sure some people do like the style XM is taking on these...Hulk is a monster after all. Now this one also has the exaggerated muscles, but I think it looks great. It could be that I think the portrait is so far superior to SS's Gladiator that I don't even care about the build, but I think it's amazing regardless. If I didn't just buy Hulk Transformation I would buy this.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #235
Tarksis
Justice League

I wanted to love this enough to get it, but I don't. Especially dislike the toupee seem on the King portrait and the rocks on the base that he is awkwardly squatting over. Maybe they will blend the hair better on production? His axe looks kinda lame and I was never a fan of the comic style arm armor, which is a major plus for me on the SS version. I do like the King Hulk face sculpt however, and the overall musculature...really good. I would pick up Transformation over this though.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #236
Thor57
Teen Titans

I agree with the last few points. I like the XM versions portrait better, but SSC's and Bel's body proportions better.

I'm not getting either though, so a very distant and harmless opinion. No dog in the fight.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:27 AM   #237
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Another Gladiator Hulk will be revealed in January from Queen Studios. Can they do better ? Don't know. Let's see.

Also I'm wondering if XM Gladiator Hulk will cost less than Hulk Transformation since I guess the last one represents two characters from a license point of view (maybe for manufacturing costs too).
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #238
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
Another Gladiator Hulk will be revealed in January from Queen Studios. Can they do better ? Don't know. Let's see.

Also I'm wondering if XM Gladiator Hulk will cost less than Hulk Transformation since I guess the last one represents two characters from a license point of view (maybe for manufacturing costs too).
ohhhhh shiatzu! had now idea queen was into the comic book statue game (Tought they only did movies)

def gonna want to see what they have in store
Cygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #239
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think the portraits, switch outs, and colors are well done. However, the muscle definition looks awkward to me.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #240
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post

I saw their announcement too. Eager to see their Gladiator Hulk and a painted Wonder Woman.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote