Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #231
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't think there's anything generic about this piece. I think it's fantastic.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #232
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Beautiful statue no doubt but I feel its overpriced. Also wish SS put the talented Kuchareks on a more meaningful project - have you seen their XM hulkbuster?!? Would've loved to see their take on Batman over the final product we got. Or a 1/4 Cable.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #233
ukshaun
Hercules

Once the in hand images start appearing, only then can i decide to buy or not. If the production pieces look close to the prototype, then i will buy this for sure. I'm not bothered if i miss out on an ex, as the ex fails to interest me. I would have prefered it if more metal was on show as an EX
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #234
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
You pic rebel over sonja....i'm disappointed, and here i pegged you for a man of exquisite taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I can hear your disappointment.
Red Sonja: the grace of the antique goddess, the perfection of the curve, the savagery of the panther, the quintessence of the hero, of the woman.
The rebel: scrap metal with scary red eyes glowing in the dark.

I seriously doubt that our beloved Queen forgives him this insult.
Haha! Much respect to you guys and of course for your tastes! Taste to be even considered in the realm of exquisite I take as a compliment if even for a fleeting moment.

It may take a village to make a piece, but it only takes a beholder to see the beauty in it. Here's how I would explain this interesting departure in interest for me with the Rebel PF. Step into your collection room or wall or whatever holds your art. Scan the room. You will see a sea of characters that blend your themes and express your passions but it MIGHT be missing that wait, WTF moment of pause. Like the business suit hiding that tattoo of Stitch (Disney). Like the soccer mom that sky dives on the weekends. When I envision this piece in my collection I pause. WTF. That babe is sexy during the day, and Terminates at night.

This will be a buy for me.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #235
Khev

I find this piece to be both alluring and disturbing. It's evocative of not only the Terminator franchise but also a miriad of cybernetic femme fatales from 1986's "The Annihilator" to Ghost in the Shell to Ex Machina with a nice dose of 80's future chic.

I don't think that she would fit seamlessly into Cameron's 1984 film because if it was her who busted through the door of Reese's future hideout I seriously doubt that she'd be sporting make-up and designer jeans. She looks more like a Terminator who went back in time and is trying to blend in with 80's fashions.

And do you know what, I'm actually fine with that. As I said this piece is just evocative in all the right ways, IMO. And not gratuitously so. She isn't overly gory nor is she in silly lingerie or a bikini. Just the right balance of form, function, and classic 80's sci-fi tropes. The fact that she's also a licensed Terminator collectible is just icing on the cake.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #236
sith_apprentice

True, but Arnold wouldn't exactly make a good infiltration model either, in a world where humans live on rats and canned dog food. He looks like he eats 3 entire chickens a day lol.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #237
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Interesting theory.

I prefer the Babenator.
For the record, I also prefer the "Babenator". I like the "undamaged" head sculpt as well and am glad that they are including that one as the EX option.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #238
ukshaun
Hercules

Yesterday i liked the statue. Today, i've gone off the portrait. There you have it. Maybe they could fix the issue, with a completely different portrait (or 100% metal terminator head possibly with hair) for the EX

Black Window PF, Red Sonja PF, possibly Wonder Woman PF rate higher on my Sideshow wants list
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #239
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

With a change-o-head, how noticeable is the neck seam?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #240
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I wish someone would make a Summer Glau terminator.

Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote