Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2022, 05:05 PM   #231
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Love that base. They should cut the price and sell it on its own.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #232
RyluzZ
Justice League

This is pissing me so much!!! I have this whole line on order. Sauron and Balrog are amazing...now we having this face sculpt which look awful man....I was already picturing everything together..now this ---- meee
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #233
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If you take a look at the P1 website - it references the film again and again. It's clearly supposed to be Aragorn from the Peter Jackson movie - therefore, it's "supposed" to look like the Actor - it's the reason they're charging over $1k for this trash - before shipping and taxes!!

I was just watching The Batman Statue Collector on YouTube, and he was complaining about the cost of the upcoming Queen Studio Loki - hot damn, I imagine he'd have a heart attack if he saw this turd.

But, I'll stop here - if people are happy with this in any capacity, then seriously, fair play. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun or anticipation. It's not my cup of tea, but that's just my subjective opinion.
I admittedly haven't been really following this line but if that's the case, this is total bull----. It looks nothing like the actor... And frankly pretty sad IMO they would allow this to be shipped to collectors.

They are going to destroy their customers trust if they keep this up. Much like you though, I don't want to take the fun out of this for anyone who's happy with it and have it on order, so I'll bow out. Like any piece, if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:47 PM   #234
MPCanes
The X-Men

Viggo is basically impossible to sculpt (or has been so far), so this downgrade doesn’t surprise me.

Just really hard to justify 1K+ for these when it will drop in value harder than a used car.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #235
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Man, not sure if I would just take the NRD loss.
What sucks is I was only able to preorder the Regular, since the exlusive was already sold out on BBTS, and I might be sorta ok with the slighly open mouth. Its not great, but for the 3 sculpt, that I think may be the best.
But I only have the Reg on PO. I just watched the promo videos again, and eventhought the likeness wasnt great to begin with, it was still passable as Viggo.
I'm really having a hard time seeing him on these new pics.

Not sure what to do.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:54 PM   #236
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This piece never looked like Viggo to begin with so I don't know why anyone is all the sudden complaining it's different.

It's a fine Aragorn statue for sure, but it's not a Viggo Aragorn, nor ever was.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:05 PM   #237
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Took a look at the proto pics on P1's website. The likeness isn't QS level, but it was definitely Viggo, and very good for stone sculpt. However, you can tell on the proto pics (whether it's photo shopped or not) they have a lot of human-like shading (dark circles under the eyes, gradient skin colors, redness around the nose, realistic stubble).

With these prod pics -- the face/skin looks just... flat so it removes the dimensions of the face. Could be just the lighting/quality , I don't know.

These are the proto pics. Good likeness IMO

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:14 PM   #238
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Exactly. As I mentioned, the likeness wasnt great on the proto, but still, I could see Viggo.

Not really seeing him on these new pics. Granted, the statue as a whole would still look great because of the base. But the focal point of any statue is the head. I'm kinda having second thoughts. If this was $800 statue, I think I can overlook it. But with taxes, this will probably run me around $1200.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:31 PM   #239
zaboman358
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If you take a look at the P1 website - it references the film again and again. It's clearly supposed to be Aragorn from the Peter Jackson movie - therefore, it's "supposed" to look like the Actor - it's the reason they're charging over $1k for this trash - before shipping and taxes!!

I was just watching The Batman Statue Collector on YouTube, and he was complaining about the cost of the upcoming Queen Studio Loki - hot damn, I imagine he'd have a heart attack if he saw this turd.

But, I'll stop here - if people are happy with this in any capacity, then seriously, fair play. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun or anticipation. It's not my cup of tea, but that's just my subjective opinion.
Just saw the 1/4 Loki....yeah this Aragorn is straight garbage lol. Prime 1 needs to invest in better sculptors period. Kim A Kim is great but she has only done a handful of P1's releases. Queen, Infinity and JND are all making giant leaps in terms of their sculpts and P1 is still pumping out crap like this. Unacceptable, especially at 1.1k.

I've got this whole line on PO so this is a tough one. I think Legolas, Gimli, and Frodo look pretty good and to keep the good guys bases themes coherent, I kind of have keep to Aragorn....sigh.
zaboman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:34 PM   #240
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Glad I didn’t order this. I was close to ordering it too at one time.

I’m done with Prime 1. I recently received a statue with two damaged head portraits and a broken leg, and when I asked for replacement parts on a $1,400 statue they said I could fix / repaint the head portraits myself, offered no resolution on repairing the broken leg and offered me $80 store credit.

Told them to close my account after I return it.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote