Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-30-2022, 12:27 AM   #231
Cmac
Mephisto

Took them 1 hour and 14 minutes to sell out. Compared to their previous offerings, this was definitely slower. Not that it really matters as it shows people are willing to pay over $3k for a 1/3 scale statue.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:28 AM   #232
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicart.man View Post
Darn! I'm sure you know you can pre-order it from a distributor in a bit.
Yeah, but they also add a little bit and with this already expensive enough, I really wanted to pay less.
So now she?s gonna be even more expensive. Ung
I thought the PO was tomorrow.

I saw that only 3 left post. When I logged on, it was still available, grabbed my card and then it said sold out.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:30 AM   #233
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
First thing I noticed too!

Also, I was going to wait to order from Spec BUT I went directly with JND because a) Spec does add an upcharge and b) if there is something wrong, JND states they will work with direct customers first. If there is an issue, I would rather have this direct line of communication.
...though now I'm wondering if it's the direct purchases that are more prone to issues since they aren't being shipped in batched up, secured chunks (like to another retailer) but just singular boxes getting bounced around as they transverse the globe?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:14 AM   #234
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Took them 1 hour and 14 minutes to sell out. Compared to their previous offerings, this was definitely slower. Not that it really matters as it shows people are willing to pay over $3k for a 1/3 scale statue.
This might've been an exception rather than the start of a new norm. Classic WW is a highly demanded character. Idk if they'll be able to pull something like this again.
Brandon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:20 AM   #235
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
Yeah, but they also add a little bit and with this already expensive enough, I really wanted to pay less.
So now she?s gonna be even more expensive. Ung
I thought the PO was tomorrow.

I saw that only 3 left post. When I logged on, it was still available, grabbed my card and then it said sold out.
Buying direct from JND, I'm not sure it's that much cheaper. With the Mera, it is about the same through SpecFic vs. JND - in the $2,600 range after shipping/tax.

With the WW JL, shipping and VAT will likely add approx. another $500 (to the $3,200) by the time JND ships in 2024.

But as others have mentioned, you'll get better customer service buying direct from JND.

Also, you'll likely receive the statue several months earlier if you buy direct from JND (compared to if you bought from another retailer).
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:35 AM   #236
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Buying direct from JND, I'm not sure it's that much cheaper. With the Mera, it is about the same through SpecFic vs. JND - in the $2,600 range after shipping/tax.

With the WW JL, shipping and VAT will likely add approx. another $500 (to the $3,200) by the time JND ships in 2024.

But as others have mentioned, you'll get better customer service buying direct from JND.

Also, you'll likely receive the statue several months earlier if you buy direct from JND (compared to if you bought from another retailer).
That's true. Thanks.
Guess I'll sign up to get notified.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:48 AM   #237
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Some stores may be cheaper because JND directly states that they are unwilling to alter the declared values on custom forms. Though this might not apply to US residents?

A particular store in the USA has potentially saved me about $1,700 USD just on 3 Queen Studios pieces by playing with the numbers (this of course was before I found out about Sugo).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:21 AM   #238
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
This might've been an exception rather than the start of a new norm. Classic WW is a highly demanded character. Idk if they'll be able to pull something like this again.
Unfortunately, I think this is wishful thinking. The sell out just deepens their confidence in what they're doing. The CEO even states, quite glibly, that they know their products are expensive.

I interpret this to basically mean, the price is what it is, take it or leave it......those who have ordered have done nothing more then to secure the latest pricing plateau.....onwards and upwards.

But enough doom and gloom. It's an awesome piece, and in my opinion, nothing needs to be changed - I'd be extremely happy to receive exactly what is in the prototype.

Enjoy your purchase, and tune out the negativity - there's going to be a lot of jealous people who will not hesitate to tell you everything that's (supposedly) a fail on your statue - they can't own it, and they most likely don't want to see you enjoy owning it....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 06:53 AM   #239
MeltedSnowFlake
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I think at this price point, perfect is what many of us require. Or at least as close to it as possible.

If it was what I consider good enough, I would definitely preorder this, as the price isn?t much of a deterrent to me, given I?ve currently already have at least 6 pieces on preorder (silicone busts) which are all more expensive than this one ($3,680 to $3,980 USD Retail).

I?ve found that once I?ve preordered past a certain dollar value, even as a ?supposed? once off, it makes it substantially easier to order anything priced even slightly lower.
"Perfect" doesn't exist. Hate to break it to you but this is probably about as close as anyone will get. A human likeness will never be 100% replicated. There will always be differences, and how bad the arm chair sculptors here want to nitpick is their issue.
MeltedSnowFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:06 AM   #240
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think we're all using the subjectivity of art to mask over the real problem..... $$$$$$

It's easier to convince ourselves (and others) that there are "unreasonable" flaws in the product, then it is to admit we've been priced out of the game.

Let's take money out of the discussion for a minute - and just focus on the art. If you want a full body - hyper real statue of WW Gal Gadot, and this from JND is not good enough - where are you shopping? Prime1? Queen Studios? - Sideshow?......if this JND piece is not artiscally good enough, but you'd happily gush over products from those other producers - sorry, you're lying to yourself....or you're blind.

It's only when we introduce the cost into the discussion - then things turn sour for JND. I don't see anything wrong with attacking the price, but her nose is too big, her lips are too round, etc. etc. is.....well......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote