Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #2391
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Ozark Seasons 1, 2 and a few episodes of 3

If ever a show was about completely unlovable and unsympathetic characters, this is it. I started and stopped each seasons more times than I can recall and couldn't even be bothered with finishing season 3.

I guess if you appreciate watching people self destruct and screw themselves and everyone else they know, it's a good show for you. Me, I couldn't care less if every character died. Hard to watch a show when there's no one to root for.
That's why my wife has no interest in watching this show. She can appreciate flawed characters but if there is no redemption at all, then she can't watch it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #2392
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Westworld - Season 3

I thought the new modern setting was great, but that season finale was disappointingly ordinary. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #2393
ParisDean

Outlander - Season 5

As horrific as the finale was, I thought this season was the best since the first. 9/10
Old 05-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #2394
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Westworld - Season 3

I thought the new modern setting was great, but that season finale was disappointingly ordinary. 8/10
and i thought the season was awful, this is a series that should have been a single season and ended on a high note. there just isn't enough story here to keep going.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #2395
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
and i thought the season was awful, this is a series that should have been a single season and ended on a high note. there just isn't enough story here to keep going.
I’ve heard this from others as well. I really enjoyed S1 but hadn’t watched S2 or S3 yet. I’m usually a see it for myself kinda guy but after hearing it became more Wokeworld than Westworld I’ve decided to just end the ride on a high note and dip now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #2396
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’ve heard this from others as well. I really enjoyed S1 but hadn’t watched S2 or S3 yet. I’m usually a see it for myself kinda guy but after hearing it became more Wokeworld than Westworld I’ve decided to just end the ride on a high note and dip now.
It's only "Wokeworld" if you think the female hosts who suffered the most--more than any of the male hosts--were not justified in being the angriest and most motivated to seek revenge. Having said that, season three was the weakest of the entire series.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #2397
risingstar
Jedi Order

Titans Season 1 - 9/10
This was surprisingly really good.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #2398
Python
Omega Red

Star Wars: The clone Wars - season 7.

8/10

This was a long time coming, but ultimately it was worth it. It consists of three main story arcs. The first of these was "The bad batch" which was fairly standard clone wars stuff, and enjoyable enough. The second was "Ahsoka's journey" which featured two painfully cliched sisters and is some of the worst we've seen from this show sadly. The series was however more than redeemed by the final arc "The siege of Mandalore" The final episode was especially good.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #2399
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
It's only "Wokeworld" if you think the female hosts who suffered the most--more than any of the male hosts--were not justified in being the angriest and most motivated to seek revenge. Having said that, season three was the weakest of the entire series.
"suffered the most" is subjective. Hale did use Hector as her personal toy the moment she got to Westworld and the gay lab tech was going to play with him as well so it's not just the gals who were being used and abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
2 isn't bad, it was just entirely pointless. i have plenty of critiques but those don't really belong in this thread
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #2400
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The Ranch Netflix 8/10