Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #2401
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Now we need The Black Queen PF

I love your Emma Frost PF. I would pick her up, but on one condition - if there are plans to release a Jean Grey Black Queen PF. Has Sideshow considered this or are there plans?
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #2402
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
It isn't the thickness but the density of it.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #2403
Johnny Utah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Alex - I'm getting stoked for Spook already. I gotta ask: has there ever been any attempt by Sideshow to make products based on the works of Stephen King? It's a Grail for a lot of people, I wonder if it's available to make figures in various formats from films of his properties.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #2404
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
SSAlex

Why can we have better packing materials on these expensive statues,the Styrofoam breaks very easily and are very cheap low grade ones.Also the cardboard is very very thin almost as thin as the art box,that doesn't really protects much.

Have you seem the XM Hulk packing materials on a statue that costs the same as the SS Hulk Maquette ?

SS orders tons of statues I'm sure a better packing materials would not costs much more,maybe a buck or 2 more.So why are we getting the cheapest possible packing materials ?

If you don't know why or can't answer could you please provide the email of the person we can get in touch on this matter ?

Thank you

I'm not talking about the statues here,but the packing quality a way smaller company product is cheaper than Sideshow's and the packing quality is 1st class.
The packing materials used (styrofoam and shipping box) are evaluated for pieces quite often to see if any changes need to occur. The materials chosen are chosen to get the Statue/Figure/Bust/etc to all (and if not all then almost all, since items can have unforeseen breakages/damage during shipping for all kinds of reasons) customers safe and sound. As I type this a large percentage of all products get into customer's hands safe and sound, so the packaging seems to be working as is (that's not to say it still wouldn't be switched up in the future of course, since as I said earlier it is evaluated often and so it could be decided to go with something different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rquiem View Post
Hey SSAlex,

Is Sideshow going to expand more on The starcraft universe with the figures?
Rayner is coming and we've seen Tychus. But I was wondering if for the forseeable future we could see the likes of Nova and Humanform Kerrigan. Perhaps smaller scaled vehicles or even buildings (to create a diorama).
This I do not know. I'm only aware of the upcoming Kerrigan and Tychus pieces at this time for Starcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty21 View Post
SSAlex, by any chance would you happen to know if the delay with releasing Deathwing is the difficulty in reproducing the translucency and intricacy of the wings in the factories?

Thanks
The delay has nothing to do with the wings on Deathwing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Hi SSAlex.

There was a question that was brought up about the EX Grey Hulk Premium format. Will the Orange shirt come off?? I assume it does since the order page for the EX shows it both ways but someone thought it might be sewn into the pants. Please help us out with an answer if you can.

JAWS/Eric
The orange shirt is removable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonzal70 View Post
Hi Alex,

Is the Man of Steel Superman PF still on schedule to ship this month? The website is still saying August, but being this far into the month I'm assuming that's not accurate at this point. Any updates you can provide?
I don't believe this piece is going to make it in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved to September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
"Alex - are the new Flash and Arrow shows under your DC license? I'd kill for figures of both and for old times sake - a figure of Clark from Smallville."

I second this! And, I also note Alex didn't confirm nor deny Clark from Smallville... hmmm....

Alex, if you could put a little bug in SS's ear, that would be fantastic. The TV series' are quiet popular and would fit in well with the DC movie collectibles you guys are already putting out.

Plus, imagining these characters in PF form brings a childlike smile to my face
Smallville is also not a show that's currently expected to have product made currently. That said, things could always change tomorrow but it looks like the focus for DC is comic, movie, and video game based at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I love your Emma Frost PF. I would pick her up, but on one condition - if there are plans to release a Jean Grey Black Queen PF. Has Sideshow considered this or are there plans?
Oh, there is more than likely going to be a Jean Grey at the Black Queen in the future. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex - I'm getting stoked for Spook already. I gotta ask: has there ever been any attempt by Sideshow to make products based on the works of Stephen King? It's a Grail for a lot of people, I wonder if it's available to make figures in various formats from films of his properties.
I actually do not know if there has ever been an attempt or interest in making Stephen King based collectibles. I don't recall ever seeing any licensed products out there, so it could either be there's not that large of a interest or acquiring the rights to make said products is not possible or incredible difficult. I do know that I've heard no talk of going after such a license(s) in the 5+ years I've been with Sideshow though.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #2405
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks Alex.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #2406
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Alex,

I think it would be great if SS made collectibles from famous people of history like Shakesphere, Poe, Mark Twain, Cleopatra, Columbus ect...How do you feel about this?
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #2407
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
Alex,

I think it would be great if SS made collectibles from famous people of history like Shakesphere, Poe, Mark Twain, Cleopatra, Columbus ect...How do you feel about this?

Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #2408
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
Alex,

I know I'd love it (especially anything Poe) but I don't think the market is really that huge of people wanting collectibles of historical figure. Those historical action figures that were released years ago were collecting dust at stores for such a long time (which I think is a tad telling).
Old 08-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #2409
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Hey Alex , any idea when the new reaper general variant will be up for order? Have you seen it in person yet?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #2410
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Hey Alex , any idea when the new reaper general variant will be up for order? Have you seen it in person yet?
It's not anywhere near being finished, so the soonest it would be up is sometime in 2015. :-)