Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #2401
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
What are the chances the Superhero Noir series continues?
He hit on all the marvel characters for me sans Fantastic four.
For DC I'd like to see the remaining Original 7 members.
the superhero series is done. the next Manev series, with the subscription possibility, will be sci-fi related. i think this initial series was intended to gauge interest in the artist and his "noir" take on things, hence the small run and giclee printing. i think the giclee was chosen due to time constraints and pricing, although the folks at bottleneck did try both (screenprint also). i see it as being more of a seize the moment kinda thing. if you look back, the weekend that Manev hit the print world, joe had him locked down like 3 days later. they were quick to hop on the buzz. i would assume the upcoming sci-fi series would capitalize on the "noir" theme. why fix it if it isn't broke.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2402
Simplyrob

Sweet! Someone off EB contacted me that was suffering from buyers remorse and I was able to score my Webslinger! Now I can continue with my afternoon.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #2403
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice Rob!! Really glad to hear that.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #2404
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Nice Rob!! Really glad to hear that.
Yeah, man, for sures. Maybe it was that print karma I racked up awhile back at Amazing Arizona con.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #2405
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Sweet! Someone off EB contacted me that was suffering from buyers remorse and I was able to score my Webslinger! Now I can continue with my afternoon.
Nice. Congrats. Did you ever get your mat dye stuff, I haven't heard anything from him on mine.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #2406
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Nice. Congrats. Did you ever get your mat dye stuff, I haven't heard anything from him on mine.
haven't heard a peep from that cat. no tubes from him yet either. was that a week ago you got that email from him?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #2407
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

So since i'm a bit new to this print collecting i got a question/concern.

I ordered a Stout Drive poster last friday, paid on saturday. The listing said it was in hand and that it would ship a day after payment. However i haven't seen any emails, tracking, or anything from the seller. I've emailed him once just asking about when shipping would occur. No reply? I guess i was just wondering from everyone else's experience, should i just give it a couple days to see if it shows up, or should i send him another email, or am i just too excited and impatient? The seller has gotten nothing but grood feedback.

I'm just a bit nervous because i know some people get ripped off purchasing statues and never hearing from the seller. Thanks!
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #2408
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
So since i'm a bit new to this print collecting i got a question/concern.

I ordered a Stout Drive poster last friday, paid on saturday. The listing said it was in hand and that it would ship a day after payment. However i haven't seen any emails, tracking, or anything from the seller. I've emailed him once just asking about when shipping would occur. No reply? I guess i was just wondering from everyone else's experience, should i just give it a couple days to see if it shows up, or should i send him another email, or am i just too excited and impatient? The seller has gotten nothing but grood feedback.

I'm just a bit nervous because i know some people get ripped off purchasing statues and never hearing from the seller. Thanks!

Well there's your problem right there...."grood" sellers are the worst lol

I kid

Even if he screwes you and doesn't ship, your still protected if you payed with PayPal. If you paid him on Friday he likely didnt ship it until Monday, which means its only been in the mail for a day. Patience, most of the stuff I order on eBay doesn't show up for at least two weeks on average.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #2409
Simplyrob

yeah, paypal covers the buyers, but, i think its waaaaaaay to early to be stressing the print not showing up. priority is probably 2-3 business days. you should have by the end of the week.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #2410
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Patience. Shipping is only as fast as the courier service. Far to early to start worrying.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote