Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #2401
Y3E
Gen 13

I don't dispute this cost too much, but if you guys think this is small based on the scale graph, you will be surprised how big it is in person. Not including the raised arm, Juggs must be 23/24". Get a ruler out measure 24". That is big.

Also, Magneto is not a small statue.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:49 PM   #2402
SONICobra
Batman

i think youre right, it probably is pretty damn big in person. i think its the size / price ratio that is really making everyone second guess it. it does not look out of place or small next to any of the 1/4 pieces - just not as big as you would think for a $1400 maquette of a character with his stature
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #2403
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
So i do truly think sideshow juggernaut is 1/4.

According to marvel, juggernaut should be 9'5.

That's 113 inches. Divide by 4 and you get 28" inch juggernaut

If you look at the picture in terms of scale with the other 1/4 statues, he seems to be around 22-23' minus the base. Keep in mind, he's lunging forward! If he was standing straight up, it's likely he'd be in the 25-30' range. I would safely give sideshow +-2" to play with. Look at the unedited version of this line, juggernaut's arm is almost as big as rogues entire body.

Moving on to price.. i think this statue is overpriced but isn't far from what they're already charging from this x-men line. If juggernaut's arm is almost as big as rogue at a price over $700, they'll certainly charge double for this piece.
Unfortunately your measurements aren’t even close.

You need to reference the photo that we’ve been reposting that was made by a forum member a few pages back which shows the estimated measurements based on the official Sideshow height. From that side on view the angled height is approx 22” I believe. Maybe you can stretch that to 23” if he were standing completely straight, but I doubt it’s any more.

So no way is he 1/4 scale. At least not at his current official height, unless you’ll like to go with his first appearance kind of height, but back then I don’t believe he was as bulky as he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
Here you can see how much leg is horizontal which lowers his height.
And as mentioned we’re using his angled height, and the picture we’re referencing is from the other side, from which his leg is more or less extended straight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	723C6225-0813-4E08-B469-B734BEF27D74.png
Views:	16
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	122301
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #2404
leplant
Deadman

Year 2013
Size 30"
Price $599
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gladiator-hulk_marvel_gallery_5c4bc35fcf04d.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	122300  
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #2405
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Eh, I think it's a decent size, I just think the price is absurd. Regardless of some of his crazier depictions in the comics at the end of the day Juggernaut is still 'human' and he would look pretty ridiculous w/ other 1/4 pieces at the size in the far right of that pic. I agree that the price would make sense at that size but it would just be a completely different scale.
But he hasn’t been human size, since what the 1970/1980’s? I’m just guessing, but I assume he’s been portrayed at the 9’5” for a couple of decades at least.

And while I don’t believe he’s 1/4 scale, his physical girth will dominate any display with any other Sideshow 1/4 piece.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #2406
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't dispute this cost too much, but if you guys think this is small based on the scale graph, you will be surprised how big it is in person. Not including the raised arm, Juggs must be 23/24". Get a ruler out measure 24". That is big.

Also, Magneto is not a small statue.
Since moving up a scale, 1/4 scale never really seems that big to me anymore. And I know this isn’t a fair comparison given the character, but I imagine this is probably of similar physical size as the 1/6 Hot Toys Hulkbuster. And hey he even has the same sunken head as this Juggernaut!
Old 03-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #2407
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For the cost this should be the same size mold as 1:4 p1 darkseid. It cost even less than the juggernaut which is crazy how expensive 1:4 has become. The price is definitely into the fan art, xm, p1 pricing now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #2408
AC_808
Hercules

Kinda curious now to know who in SSC is determining the prices for these new PFs and MAQs. Just to put a face with the insanity.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #2409
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post

If I was getting the statue on the end I'd accept the price. The 27" one we are getting is almost the same size as the last hulk PF @ $550
I must say the enlarged pic looks great! He’s just right in this pic. The original pic next to rogue makes him look bigger because rogue is a smaller pf. Look at mystique or especially psylocke which is huge next to juggernaut. Is ss apocalypse even bigger than this juggernaut? If not it looks about the same size as Gladiator hulk or apocalypse from a few years back.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #2410
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So isn't Juggernaut supposedly a LOT taller than Thanos? In the comics isn't Thanos listed at a bit under 7', and Juggernaut like 9.5'?

Because if you compare this to Thanos on Throne, that statue is 21.5" tall and Thanos is completely sitting down. Juggernaut is leaning and with his arm way in the air, it's 27" tall. Juggernaut's foot is a little higher up on its base than Thanos, but really not much. If you stood both of them straight up, wouldn't they both be close to the same height?
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote