Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #241
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The print is 16 x 21. There are two inlays, a three inch blue matt and silver matt below. The frame has a titanium colour with imprints along its edge it's about 2 inches across.
Wow, that's awesome. What type of printer do you use?

It looks great.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #242
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Brought it to the local photography studio. It's printed on photographic paper.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #243
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Both look great. Glad i did not pick up the smaller one though as its tiny.
To be honest it is a decent size and I almost prefer the colour and print style to the larger one. The large one is a cleaner print for sure but the noir sensibilities of the artwork shine in the smaller version.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #244
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

The olly moss dark knight prints look great framed, much better than I anticipated...congrats
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #245
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Brought it to the local photography studio. It's printed on photographic paper.
I'm going to have to look into this photographic paper. That print looks great. The studio didn't do anything else to keep the vibrant look of Artgerm's work?
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #246
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No the image was of sufficient quality at the size I went.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #247
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

finally got around to dropping these today. didnt have time to get the gid framed, but, i had the variant sketch set framed together. i floated them on a grey mat so the sketch was fully visible and then had a black suede mat around the whole thing. left a thin 1" line between the two as well so they didnt blend. went with a classy silver metal frame too. honestly, these are maybe some of the coolest things i have in this house. ive had them stored safely in the tube since they arrived and hadnt yet gotten a chance to spread them out and enjoy the details. amazing. from the lettering on ricks bag with the guns to the logo on carls shirt on the line, just so awesome! MARK ENGLERT ftw! he'll be the primary focus of my print collection. not interested in anyone else. this guys amazing. these should be ready for 09/28 pickup. oh yeah, btw, used a michaels discount today, wouldve originally cost $809, with discount $328. booya.

also ordered frames for a pair of uminga 5x17s today from americanframe. really excited about those. great deal on them also.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #248
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
finally got around to dropping these today. didnt have time to get the gid framed, but, i had the variant sketch set framed together. i floated them on a grey mat so the sketch was fully visible and then had a black suede mat around the whole thing. left a thin 1" line between the two as well so they didnt blend. went with a classy silver metal frame too. honestly, these are maybe some of the coolest things i have in this house. ive had them stored safely in the tube since they arrived and hadnt yet gotten a chance to spread them out and enjoy the details. amazing. from the lettering on ricks bag with the guns to the logo on carls shirt on the line, just so awesome! MARK ENGLERT ftw! he'll be the primary focus of my print collection. not interested in anyone else. this guys amazing. these should be ready for 09/28 pickup. oh yeah, btw, used a michaels discount today, wouldve originally cost $809, with discount $328. booya.

also ordered frames for a pair of uminga 5x17s today from americanframe. really excited about those. great deal on them also.
Glad you got a decent price on that framing, but don't be fooled by Michael's "discounts". There is a reason they constantly have "deals" and "coupons". It's because no other framer charges the absurd regular prices Michael's claims you normally would have paid. Just mentioning it for future reference.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #249
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Michaels Discounts are a total sham. Do not get fooled into thinking your getting a good deal from them
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #250
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel View Post
Michaels Discounts are a total sham. Do not get fooled into thinking your getting a good deal from them
really? a lil over $300 for that big frame job seems legit to me. ive had a bunch of stuff framed at michaels, has always seemed like a bargain compared to other frame shops ive visited. so, the "sham" is that they charge more, essentially making the "discount" obsolete? ill take my gid farm print to a few different frame shops around tomorrow and compare. i know my son uses 50% off coupons regularly there and scores copic markers for around $3.50 each. thats cheap for those.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote