Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #241
ambasah
Red Skull

Instant buy for me. Can,the wait for vision!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #242
crispy101670
Doh!

I love this character and I love this pose but the face is way too off for me. Means I won't be ordering the Vision either. : (
crispy101670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #243
xxtonezxx
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't mind payin 349.99 for a statue. So I'm not complainin bout the price solely. But when the prices keep escalatin and quality been hampered by bad paint jobs...it's irritating. It sucks when ur quick 2 jump tha gun 4 da exclusive and it looks like shietz. I wish I would b gettin it but I'll stick 2 my comiquette to go wit that Vision PF.
xxtonezxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #244
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtonezxx View Post
I don't mind payin 349.99 for a statue. So I'm not complainin bout the price solely. But when the prices keep escalatin and quality been hampered by bad paint jobs...it's irritating. It sucks when ur quick 2 jump tha gun 4 da exclusive and it looks like shietz. I wish I would b gettin it but I'll stick 2 my comiquette to go wit that Vision PF.
Yeah, the pricing is getting out of hand. A statue like Scarlet Witch should go closer to $300, especially when it lacks an extravagant base like the one for equally priced Hawkeye. I guess it's a sign of the times, and Sideshow capitalizing and testing how far their consumers will spend. Still, I too am bothered by how rising prices has been accompanied by lowered quality. It makes no sense whatsoever.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #245
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I ordered cause I love the character and used my points on her and then I seen Ivy! Oh well I still want Scarlet Witch as well lol
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #246
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
all i can think of is googly eyes on final product.
All you are vastly abusing this googly eyed thing. Black CAt PF wasn't googly eyed. Ms. Marvel regular wasnt googly eyed. Mystique wasn't googly eyed. Psylocke wasnt googly eyed. Outside of Rogue, who else was googly eyed? I honestly can't remember. I dont think any of the male characters came out googly eyed.

We're talking Marvel here, and PFs specifically as 1/5 Comiquettes don't count...at least not in my book.

The only other googly eyed character at 1/4 I can think of is Chun-Li from PCS. Thats not a Marvel character though...so again...she doesn't count.

I want answers people...not speculation. Who else? Hunh??
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #247
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I'm still waiting.

Ok if it makes it any easier you an add 1/5 Comiquettes too. Oh, but wait, it won't make it any easier. The only one I can remember with a googly eye was the AH Black Cat Comiquette I bought then sold very quickly.

AH statues.....seriously, seriously overrated! The rogue and Mystique were nice though. I will give credit to those two.

Emma Frost (what a sloar)
Mary Jane (oh my goodness how boring can you get)
Black Cat (googly eye and just not interesting)
She Hulk (love the bulk, but not representative of her powers).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #248
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Vamperilla had a slight lazy eye on some samples.

I think that's where the concern is. It was a Mark Newman piece as well. Not that that should matter seeing as though the paint is the responsibility of the factories but it's always a dreaded fear imo.

A hero can turn into a zero because of it.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #249
Y3E
Gen 13

Yes, my Vampi replacement head had slight googly eyes. Not bad enough for me not to keep it though.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #250
dechirico7
The Flash

Most of the female statues released by SS have lazy eyes. People seem to keep bringing Vampirella up, whom, imo was as near perfect as you can get. Her lazy eye might show up in pics, but in person, you don't even notice it. I've seen way worse, what about the Rogue PF, Arwen maquette, Mary Jane comiquette, the tiny pupils on Ms Marvel......

I am really not too worried about lazy eyes anymore, since I discovered eye decals. It seems to be a norm now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote