Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-28-2023, 04:34 PM   #241
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Correct!
Looks like Sideshow took a leaf out of Prime 1, XM Studios and PCS's book, and moved on from clear-tape.
The styrofoam/polystreene is light-grey, in case you were wondering if my photo's were making white look light-grey.
wow.

oh my stars and garters!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:05 AM   #242
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

LOADING: Image(s)

Harley arrived today..
Over all i am very happy

More pics'n'opinions here:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthre...73#post6120873
Congrats!
It is a beautiful piece!

From your pics I can't tell if yours got the side eyes slanted or not, do you have any pics of her from the front?

If yours had that side eye error as well, then it's a major QC issue with the eye paint on this piece, which is, the only issue with this Harley, but still, annoying as it is almost perfect!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:45 AM   #243
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Congrats!
It is a beautiful piece!

From your pics I can't tell if yours got the side eyes slanted or not, do you have any pics of her from the front?

If yours had that side eye error as well, then it's a major QC issue with the eye paint on this piece, which is, the only issue with this Harley, but still, annoying as it is almost perfect!
Here you go:

The position of the right eye sort of works given the left eye is looking right also. It still questionable.
The portrait is not removable, which is unusual for Sideshow pieces.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 02:21 AM   #244
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ah yes, you are correct.. The right eye position is too much to the right. I think this is a common issue for this Harley, sadly

And the fact that the head is not removable making it harder to repaint the eyes, as we also have to handle the whole body.

As for the skintone, I agree, it can be a bit whiter. Maybe it's because the movie Harley is also drowned in the bleaching chemical, so it's not chalk powdery white, but very pale skin, so it still has it's pinkness from the natural skin color (or blood under the skin).. perhaps..
Old 06-29-2023, 07:59 AM   #245
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Here you go:

The position of the right eye sort of works given the left eye is looking right also. It still questionable.
The portrait is not removable, which is unusual for Sideshow pieces.
as are the straps on their styrofoam.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #246
ukshaun
Hercules

The straps are loose, the same as XM Studios
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 05:17 PM   #247
lighterheaven

Quote:
The straps are loose, the same as XM Studios
I think what he meant was that there are 2 unusual things here, aside from the head that is non removable, there are straps as well.
Old 07-16-2023, 03:18 PM   #248
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

After the recent total miss by Prime1/Blitzway's effort looking nothing like Margot from the 2021 movie, this Harley PFF by Steve Lord has the odd potential to become a sought-after piece in the aftermarket due to lack of competition!

The likeness is rather good for the scale, the sculpt is good (nothing special, but good).

The base is rather toyish which never correlates to fine art, but the lack of Margot Robbie's sculpts from this movie (2021 Suicide Squad) and in this outfit is going to turn this PFF into a sought-after piece.

I would grab one, i can easily see it appreciating (IF of course, you have plenty of money you dont need, as i always stress. NEVER EVER get into debt for this silly hobby).

As you all know, Forps' "nose" for the market is second to none!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote