Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #25221
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Dark Phoenix - 7.5/10

Boy I’m really not understanding all the negativity towards this movie. Was it the best X-Men entry? No, but it’s far from the worst as many are making it out to be and immensely better than the first botched Phoenix story The Last Stand. It’s certainly not without its faults however. The underdeveloped antagonists probably being the biggest of them but despite that it still has a lot going for it. Certainly more than Apocalypse did. Phoenix is awesome, the human element actually carries some weight here and it has some of the best X-Men teamwork in the franchise. Glad I saw this theatrically too as I really enjoyed the score and overall impact of the audio presentation.

Was going to wait for the home release but I'll definitely make a trip to theater now.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #25222
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Was going to wait for the home release but I'll definitely make a trip to theater now.
Well I hope you like it. I rather enjoy the X-Men films for the most part and didn’t think Apocalypse was as bad as people made it out to be either. So take that for what it’s worth. Dark Phoenix falls somewhere in the middle of the pack for me when looking at the franchise as a whole.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #25223
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
A tip: don't expect a sequel that ties up all the storylines from the past movies. Don't expect all elements of the Dark Phoenix saga to be adapted.

Look at it as a fun standalone sequel to First Class and you will be entertained. Especially if you like McAvoy and Fassbender in their roles.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #25224
Augen
Green Arrow

"I am Mother" - 9/10 - Small scale bottle science fiction film that plays on unreliable narrator tactics as not sure who to trust.

If you enjoy smaller sci-fi affair I'd suggest it, reminded me in parts of "Moon". Lot of classic tropes it uses to misdirect and redirect without ever feeling inconsistent or cheap.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #25225
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
If your an X-Men fan, I recommend.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #25226
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Godzilla 7.5/10

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #25227
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

John Wick 3 - 7.5/10

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #25228
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
A tip: don't expect a sequel that ties up all the storylines from the past movies. Don't expect all elements of the Dark Phoenix saga to be adapted.

Look at it as a fun standalone sequel to First Class and you will be entertained. Especially if you like McAvoy and Fassbender in their roles.
Yeah where all the actors look exactly the same 30 years later
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #25229
Tushar
Hellboy

Why would that be ridiculous to a comic-book fan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline

...This is seen most clearly in the case of comic book characters who debuted as teens in the 1940s or the 1960s but who are still relatively young in current comics. Events from the characters' pasts are alluded to, but they are changed from having taken place years ago to having taken place more recently.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #25230
SONICobra
Batman

the last movie i didnt find mystique completely grating in was DOFP, she was tolerable. seeing her in the trailers for dark phoenix immediately turns me off i cant imagine sitting through a whole movie of it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote