Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #2531
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They are pretty high resolution. I brought an image on a USB stick to the local printer and had him print and frame.
Brilliant, how did it turn out?
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #2532
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
I think I'll get this one printed to go with his Wonder Woman Juctice I framed earlier.
That is a great idea and will make for a very impressive and unique display my friend. Congrats in advance.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #2533
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I think I'll get this one printed to go with his Wonder Woman Juctice I framed earlier.
Yeah this is awesome. DC is crazy not to release posters or lithographs of these. Artgerm is on a role with this concept. I want a Black Canary like this.

Cool Grace Kelly avatar too.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #2534
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

hey, bullseye, when you took your usb into the printer, they didn't hassle you about making prints of copyrighted material? just curious.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #2535
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No as it was only one print for myself. It won't be sold. I did ask Artgerm about buying a print but he never responded.

Last edited by Bullseye; 04-16-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #2536
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
hey, bullseye, when you took your usb into the printer, they didn't hassle you about making prints of copyrighted material? just curious.
The other thing to consider is that these were initially done as "fan art" that Art Germ did to get his work noticed. If I am not mistaken it is unlicensed and only recently has he begun working with license holding companies. I could be totally wrong though so by all means please let me know.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #2537
FROBAY
Phoenix

Jc Richard. 1st sub print. Also available to general public. For sale at his site later today

Gorgeous

"Beyond the Pass"
36"x12"
6-color screenprint
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #2538
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The other thing to consider is that these were initially done as "fan art" that Art Germ did to get his work noticed. If I am not mistaken it is unlicensed and only recently has he begun working with license holding companies. I could be totally wrong though so by all means please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Quote:
No as it was only one print for myself. It won't be sold. I did ask Artgerm about buying a print but he never responded.
None of the above has an impact on whether rights are being infringed. MM's point is like robbing a drug dealer - just because the artist may have committed trademark infringement should not allow for copyright infringement of his work. Odd result, eh?

As for bulls point of for personal use, think through that line of reasoning. If everyone were permitted to make a single print of an image, the whole print industry would bottom out (and we would all have the greatest personal Mondo collections).
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #2539
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

There is a difference in printing an image which was never produced as a limited run and printing an image of a piece that had a limited run. Again its for my personal collection and will never be sold. I really do not see how I am infringing on his copyright when he has published the image up on the Internet, I am not calling the artwork my own.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #2540
Underdog07
Hercules

intent to sell or how its used wouldn't come into play. Neither would the artists intent or distribution of the work.

Again go through the entire progression if that were the way rights worked - if an artist creates something, but does not make it available, under the above logic, easy one could make their own copy of it. I am. Sure everyone would agree that does not sound right
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote